Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ BSG 4x03 The Ties That Bind $$ (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: $$ BSG 4x03 The Ties That Bind $$
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just out of interest, have we actually seen Helo in a Raptor since the Mini? I think he was along for the ride when Kara did her return trip to Caprica, but other than that I don't think the guy have been out on a mission in years.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the Caprica rescue mission count?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having the baby on the Demetrius is no more dangerous than any other baby in the fleet NOT on the Galactica.

Did Helo and Athena get their child back? I'm not remembering that. Of course, it's not been featured since either...

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rev: wasn't he flying a Raptor during the episode Kat died?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kinda got the impression he'd been promoted to a desk job.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he was the executive officer after Tigh (and presumably that one guy who was apparently third in command and showed up once or twice) retired to New Caprica, and as far as anyone on the show has ever said, he might still be. As far as I remember.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tigh came back, so he can't still be.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HerbShrump:
Having the baby on the Demetrius is no more dangerous than any other baby in the fleet NOT on the Galactica.

Did Helo and Athena get their child back? I'm not remembering that. Of course, it's not been featured since either...

Might not be more hazardous or unhygienic day to day within the ship itself, but from a tactical point of view it's much more of a risk. Unlike the civvy ships in the fleet, Demetrius doesn't have a Battlestar within a short distance watching over it. And yes, it has Vipers, but if it launches them, it then has to retrieve them before making a jump to safety (which must be much more time consuming than combat landings, since the Vipers would have to position themselves on the pads to land). If their FTL fails, they're dead meat.

They did get Hera back, the Six now in Galactica's brig (I think it's Caprica Six?) helped Athena and the baby escape.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the impression Helo was "demoted" to third after Tigh.

RE: Caprica Six bringing back Hera. Oh yea. That's right.

I was thinking in general in regard the Demetrius. All the ships of the fleet are a target for Cylons. But you raise a valid point. They are nowhere near a Battlestar or a squadron of fighters for protection.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Well, he was the executive officer after Tigh (and presumably that one guy who was apparently third in command and showed up once or twice) retired to New Caprica, and as far as anyone on the show has ever said, he might still be. As far as I remember.

Didn't that guy get done for killing Baltar's first lawyer and a Marine guard?
quote:
Originally posted by HerbShrump:
I got the impression Helo was "demoted" to third after Tigh.

RE: Caprica Six bringing back Hera. Oh yea. That's right.

I was thinking in general in regard the Demetrius. All the ships of the fleet are a target for Cylons. But you raise a valid point. They are nowhere near a Battlestar or a squadron of fighters for protection.

I imagine if they encounter a Basestar, they'll just jump away. I presume the Vipers and the Raptor are really only there as a means to scout and land on Earth (in the event they find it) since even against a single Raider, running is the best tactic as, assuming the pilots spend most of the time sitting around playing cards, it'd take them several minutes to suit up and EVA out to the ships; plus it's not like they have the launch tube to get them into the action as fast, so they'll be fighting inertia too. Either way, bu then the Raider would have either destroyed or crippled them and/or jumped away to notify the Basestar. So running is probably the order of the day.

Of course the chances of them encountering Cylons with a civil war going on are decidedly slim...though of course they don't know that...yet.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the loss of Pegasus wouldn't that have made Commander L. Adama the suitable XO for Galactica, as opposed to the CAG? Or do they take rank quicker than they give?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I imagine that with the lack of personnel, they put people in the position they're best suited to. Rank becomes rather irrelevant as a measure of career advancement, when there's nowhere for you to advance to. They need a CAG, and Lee is the best person for the job, so they give it to him, regardless of actual rank.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

They did demote him back to Major though. Although I assume that's because it's commensurate with this duties as CAG, and Commander wasn't. Would've been nice if they'd actually mentioned that, though, and whether Lee was bummed out or not in spite of the good reasons for it.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps