Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ BSG 4x03 The Ties That Bind $$ (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: $$ BSG 4x03 The Ties That Bind $$
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
And it's not as if anyone asked her BEFORE they spaced Jammer.

One question though, how could there have been a window onto open space on the SIDE of the tube? I can think of at least three reasons why that shouldn't be there.

My viewing of the episode wasn't top quality, so I might've missed it, but were there any stars seen through the second window?

Though, whether it was supposed to go out into space or not, they fudged it. I've done an awful lot of research into the configuration of the bays as I've been making a CG model of them, and there shouldn't be a second window like that. Through the window you should see the launch control booth or the adjacent tube, depending on which tube you're in. I think they changed it for that particular shot so they could get a clear enough view of Cally's reflection, which might not have been possible if you could see the partially lit control booth, which is supposed to be there.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee: Er...so you're saying she deserved to die because she wasn't paying attention to the soldiers standing behind her while a firing squad of toasters lined up to kill her? Pardon me, but that's bollocks [Wink]

Yeah, I saw stars. It was full of them.

It bugged me too. There's supposed to be a long-ass tube leading from the exterior doors to space proper. A window wouldn't physically work there; they were tens of meters away from the hull at *least.* Maybe it's some higher-dimensional buggery [Razz]

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets not forget the problems a tiny window that leads out to open space could cause to a Viper launch tube. If that thing gives, it could skrew up the entire launch process and cost live

(also, according to my calculations, that would be window numero dos that has ever been seen on board Galactica)

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus wept. I'm not saying she deserved to die. I'm just pointing out a curious little bit of symmetry, that was probably unintentional, between her fate and that of a person who she MIGHT just have owed her survival to at one time, and who she MIGHT have been able to save herself, if only she hadn't been so terminally vague about, well, everything!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah. Irony.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come to think of it, if they don't have a little red light above a panel that says "someone's opened a bloody airlock!", then surely they were only aware that Cally had been killed when they either picked her up on DRADIS (if it can pick up such small objects), or she bumped into another ship! [Confused]

--------------------

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to know how Tori explains her role in all of it.

"I was just walking by..."

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, where did she and the baby go after that? I don't remember seeing her.
Johnny
Member # 878

We don't know, so in the next episode we'll probably just hear that Nicky was found crying in a corridor somewhere. Tori can easily avoid incriminating herself.

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found something interesting on another forum about the makeup of the Demetrius' crew.

We've got Starbuck (command), Gaeta (navigator), Helo & Athena (Raptor pilots), and the Viper pilots Anders, Seelix, Pike, and the unnamed tattooed pilot. The tattooed pilot has been there since the miniseries, and Pike was first seen during the liberation of New Caprica.

Now at first, I thought there were only two Vipers on deck, but someone pointed out that there are *four* Vipers and a Raptor, which accounts for all the pilots. Check out these screencaps:
These are the two Vipers everyone saw.
There are two more closer to the bow, and you can just barely see their back end here.
Here's the Raptor attached to what looks like an airlock.

Not really all that big of a revelation, but it's nice to know they've actually thought the crew & VFX through.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe she gave the baby up to the cult and Baltar ...
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps smokin' Doc has the child under observation after such an experience? After all, mommy jumped out a Viper tube, did she hurt the baby before hand?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But if they found Nicky abandoned, I think that should tip off the Chief that something was wrong (i.e. it wasn't suicide). After all, most people wouldn't leave their kids in some random location like that.

Speaking of kids, if Helo and Athena are on the Demetrius, then who's babysitting Hera? Not Roslin, I hope...

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

^EEP! I don't know of *ANY* parent (the sane ones, anyway) that would go off without their very young child for several months. Okay, military service is a different situation, but this isn't exactly the same thing. One parent having to go off to serve is one thing, but not both! Not only is it not good for the child, but the parents would probably be a wreck after even a week of no contact.

You don't suppose Hera was in a crib tucked away in a corner?

Johnny
Member # 878

Taking a baby on a dangerous voyage aboard a sewage ship with minimal defenses would be a pretty stupid thing to do, so you can bet that's exactly what Helo did.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps