Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ BSG 4x03 The Ties That Bind $$ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: $$ BSG 4x03 The Ties That Bind $$
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was actually expecting Tory to talk her down, take the baby, and lead her gently back to her quarters to talk shit over with the Chief. So much for my trusting nature ;P I wanted Cally to live too much, that's my excuse [Razz]

The ProtoHybrid says "she will lead humanity to their end" which could either mean to Earth, the end of their journey, or do their destruction. Harbinger of doom for whom, Earth, the Colonials, or the Cylons (which Cylons, 7, 5, or all 12?)...I don't think we're going to get any answers out of it. I think it was designed to fit too many situations, kind of like Nostradamus [Razz] Whatever happens will seem to fit the utterance.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on Macross World, someone made a comment comparing Apollo to JFK...

Thoughts?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I think he was basically just saying he figured they were building up Lee to be a popular politician who would be killed. I don't know see how he matches up to JFK in any other ways. I somehow doubt they'd kill Apollo, Starbuck, or Adama though...I think they're OK because they were in the original and never died.

(...did they? I've only seen a couple repeats on local stations, never the whole thing.)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is some symmetry in the nature of Cally's death: by keeping quiet about being saved by Jammer she doomed him to death by spacing, and has now been spaced herself. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I don't recall her "keeping quiet" about it. She didn't even recognize him. It wasn't until Galen questioned her that she even remembered "somebody" had told her to run who "was probably" one of the humans.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And it's not as if anyone asked her BEFORE they spaced Jammer.

One question though, how could there have been a window onto open space on the SIDE of the tube? I can think of at least three reasons why that shouldn't be there.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A key part of what happened is that she was released by a member of the NCP. If she'd told Tyrol about it at any point ever, then he'd have remembered it and when Jammer told him he released Cally he'd be able to put two and two together - just as he did when he heard Starbuck mocking Gaeta's dog bowl story.

Of course, I need hardly point out that Cally's death doesn't now preclude her being the Fynol Cylon. Especially since not one mention has been made by any of the Four that Nicky is at least a Hybrid just like Hera. And, the notion that two Cylons could breed successfully would have all kinds of ramifications. As I understand it, they can't breed, which is why they've been exploring Cylon-human hybridisation as the only way of producing viable offspring.

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BASTARDS!
Cally was definitely one of my favorite characters. You know, I've got to stop liking characters. They keep getting killed! Not just this show, but many others as well (Stargate *especially*).

I liked Billy's character, too. He and Cally seemed to represent the "innocent" that's been thrust into the middle of all this. Now that they're both gone, I can't think of anyone else that could fit the bill.

Even though I liked Cally, when she was going toward the launch bay, I (like Lee) was a lot more worried about the baby, for many of the same reasons. Actually, at first, I though she was just going to space the baby, not commit suicide. I was right about her not reacting well to the news, though.

Oh, and about the crew on the Demetrius: As my wife says, "Who's watching the store?" I can think of reasons for each of them volunteering except for Gaeta. I think it was "strongly suggested" that he go along, probably because of his navigating skills, even though Starbuck isn't using them.

As for who will be CAG now, I think they should go with Pegasus' former CAG. He's still around, since he was in the pilots' lounge in the last episode.

Lee
Member # 393

I wonder is a sewage-recycling ship the absolutely best choice of vehicle for a long-range reconnaisance? Although I loved the Vipers parked on the hull, it does seem to me there might have been a better choice. Unless all the more-habitable ships have plenty of refugees onboard and shuffling whole crews would have made the mission a lot less covert. . .

Gaeta's ther because he's a navigator. It's all very well for Starbuck to point the way, but someone will have to turn her directions into a usable course for the Fleet.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
I wonder is a sewage-recycling ship the absolutely best choice of vehicle for a long-range reconnaisance? Although I loved the Vipers parked on the hull, it does seem to me there might have been a better choice. Unless all the more-habitable ships have plenty of refugees onboard and shuffling whole crews would have made the mission a lot less covert. . .

Exactly, since they lost Cloud-9 I imagine space is even more at a premium than ever, (For example, the quorum now seams to be based on Colonial One) so they took a ship they wouldn't be missed as much as say one of those Olympic Carrier type ships or something vital like the refinery.
Also, I get the impression they the President didn't exactly sanction this mission, so they couldn't use something that'd be missed in a hurry.

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno, I imagine those non-self-sufficient ships might miss a sewage recycling ship awful quick!
Lee
Member # 393

Maybe they've been able to find enough algae planets to make food, thus removing the need for sewage reprocessing. In fact, who the hell needs a sewage reprocessing spaceship anyway?! Vent that shit!

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Well, they called it A sewage processing ship, not THE sewage processing ship. So presumably it wasn't the only one. Besides, I imagine all large manned spaceships have at least basic recycling and distillation systems.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
A key part of what happened is that she was released by a member of the NCP. If she'd told Tyrol about it at any point ever, then he'd have remembered it and when Jammer told him he released Cally he'd be able to put two and two together - just as he did when he heard Starbuck mocking Gaeta's dog bowl story.

Right, but, it wasn't intentional on her part, and like I said, she didn't even really remember it happening at first. When Galen asked, she said "No......oh wait....yeah...." Granted she was half-asleep, but I don't think it was an event that was on the top of her head during her waking hours either.
Lee
Member # 393

Which is just the point. If she'd been a litle more clued-in generally, then she - and Jammer - might still be alive. As fond as I was of Cally, she was never the sharpest tool in the box.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps