Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » LotR: TTT trailer (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: LotR: TTT trailer
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anatomically pleasing.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Théoden looks completely wrong. But you can see the lower half of an Ent!
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great. more shit masquerading as a work by JRR Tolkien. when is Aragorn going to have fucking Narsil reforged? when is peter jackson going to fix his illiteracy so that he can read The Lord of the Rings? it would be nice if he actually knew what the fuck was going on in the series.
IP: Logged
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Théoden looks completely wrong.

that must have been Théoden's butler, or something. and since when was �owyn unattractive? since when did Eomer look like a dirty hippy? and since when did modern "blockbuster" movies have really fakey 3d effects? they really should have gotten Blizzard to do the FX. Gollum looks worse than the characters in the Diablo II cutscenes. it's a shame that Peter Jackson wasn't the one to die at a celebrity basketball game instead of Ted Demme.
Ted Demme at least made good movies.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having barely read any of the books, I actually like the Lord of the Rings movies. The trailer looks great, it will make for another fine movie right next to the first.

EdipisReks--Jackson's trying to adapt a huge trilogy, and he can't please everyone. Go and make a Lord of the Rings movie yourself if you're not happy. You know you'll go see TTT anyway. And the Return of the King.

--------------------
Meh

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that the best, Veers. People can complain all they like - but they are STILL going to go and see the next two movies! [Smile]

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
Having barely read any of the books, I actually like the Lord of the Rings movies. The trailer looks great, it will make for another fine movie right next to the first.

EdipisReks--Jackson's trying to adapt a huge trilogy, and he can't please everyone. Go and make a Lord of the Rings movie yourself if you're not happy. You know you'll go see TTT anyway. And the Return of the King.

the movies should never have been made. i would never have soiled the books by doing so. i was dragged to see the first piece of shit, and i will not be seeing the second and third. unless the girl i like is going. in which case i will go with her. but only so that i get to open the door for her. and share popcorn with her. hopefully at one of those theaters where the armrests lift *rawwwr*.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

by the way, Veers, you should read the series. i read it for the first time in the second grade, and i've read them at least a dozen times since then. great, great, great stuff. only matched by John Oliver Rigney jr's (pseudonym Robert Jordan) The Wheel of Time, imo.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really liked the first movie. Yes, the book is better, and yes, there are some changes, but as a movie, it's great. I think Jackson did a pretty good job...
It's near impossible to make a movie (or series of movies) that follows the book from A to Z. For all the background stories to work out on screen, you'll have to explain half the Silmarillion too, which is even harder. And you really can't show the Elves the way they're supposed to look like.

Some more trailer bits.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

that's exactly why the movies should never have been made in the first place. it's impossible to do it right, so it shouldn't be done at all.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats one of the dumbest things ive ever heard.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

let me guess. you do a lot of things that end up failing, right? sometimes the old sayings are the ones to follow. "if you can't do it right, don't do it at all" is one of those old sayings. too bad peter jackson hadn't heard that one. too bad peter jackson didn't care about ruining one of the best pieces of fiction of the 20th century.

The Lord of the Rings is a sacred institution to me. if the movies can't do it justice then i don't think they should be made. no movies will ever do the books justice (or, i should say, no movies that would ever be made will). therefore, no LoTR movies should ever be made.

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, please. Jackson hasn't touched the bloody books; pick them up and read them whenever you damn well please! Jackson's done a pretty decent job overall of adaptation; if you want to see a piece of crap adaptation, go rent Bakshi's animated version (don't even START about the Return of the King abomination shot for TV in the 80s). If you're expecting perfection, then you obviously can't be going to any movies. Or watching any TV. Which makes me wonder why you're on this forum.

Before you ask: yes, I have read the books. I was assigned them in high school 25 years ago. Sorry to burst your bubble, but, good as they are, they are not perfect holy writ, cast in gold tablets by the hand of God. Welcome to the real world.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indie Tolkien Geekout Credit Report:

Despising the films: +100 points.
Thinking that Robert Jordan's work is something other than extruded fantasy product: -100,000,000 points.

Total: -99,999,900 points.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started on the first book and got through a few chapters when the movie came out. I went to see it and then just stopped reading the actual book. I don't know why, maybe it was I had other things on my mind. I hope to read them before RotK comes out, but who knows?

--------------------
Meh

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps