Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » LotR: TTT trailer (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: LotR: TTT trailer
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Just thank Varda that someone like Speilberg didn't get a-hold of the rights
the horror!!!!! *AAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH* or worse! jerry brucheimer! *shoots self in head*
IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't make me vomit! OMG! LOL!

Starring Nicholas Cage as Aragorn son of Arathorn
Dennis Hopper as Saruman the White
Ben Affleck as Boromir of Gondor
Bruce Willis as Elrond, Lord of Rivendell

Supposedly Steven Speilberg wanted to do Harry Potter on the condition that it would be shot in America with American actors etc. luckily J.K. Rowling stepped in and said NO! Thankyou J.K.! [Smile]

"We've replaced wands with walkie-talkies"

That kid from Jerry McGuire as Harry Potter
Drew Barrymore as Hermione
Harrison Ford as Dumbledore

[Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Bruce Willis as Elrond, Lord of Rivendell
Yipee-ki-ye, motherfucker. *Kills an orc.*
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I just have to wonder one thing: How the "fuck" can Glorfindel be one of your favorite characters? He hardly did anything. I couldn't even remember his name until I looked it up (before seeing that it was mnetioned later in the thread).
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

Glorfindel is one of my favorite characters because of his mannerisms. he was supremely confident even in the face of the Nazgul. also the fact that when Frodo was slipping into the world of the dead he started seeing things as the Nazgul see: Glorfindel was a startling, glowing personification of good. and how can you say that Glorfindel did nothing? he saved the fucking ringbearer. thats a hell of a lot more than most of the characters did. i bet Glorfindel's wallet says "bad motherfucker".

[edited because of a stupid fucking keyboard that exists only to thwart me!!!!!!]

[ October 02, 2002, 13:58: Message edited by: EdipisReks ]

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Lord of the Rings 2: This time it's personal"
and
"Lord of the Rings 4: The Voyage Home"
(they could get trapped in San Francisco and have to get back to their universe! Complete with the "colorful metaphors" joke!)

--------------------
Meh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I of course I agree that it's stupid to replace Glorfindel w/ Arwen solely on the basis of "Look! It's Liv Tyler! She's, like, famous, and has tits and stuff!", I would point out that those things you say you like about Glorfindel were indeed portrayed in the movie.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe it, here in Sweden, "The Fellowship of da ring" premiered on dec.19th 2001, it's now october 3rd, it's still going!
Is it the same in the US and UK?
This must be some kind of modern record...

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Is it the same in the US and UK?

Nope; been off the cinema here simce about May (I think)

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
While I of course I agree that it's stupid to replace Glorfindel w/ Arwen solely on the basis of "Look! It's Liv Tyler! She's, like, famous, and has tits and stuff!", I would point out that those things you say you like about Glorfindel were indeed portrayed in the movie.

yes, but it wasn't Glordfindel. it was "Look! It's Liv Tyler! She's, like, famous, and has tits and stuff!".
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that they are going to re-relase tFotR in November for a lead up to TTT - at "Hoyts" cinemas... I don't know if that is just and Australian thing.

There was a smallish cinema in Brisbane that had - until recently been showing The Rocky Horror Picture Show every week for the last 20 years or something like that.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, but it wasn't Glordfindel.

So... what? You're complaining that they changed the name and gender, and gave the attributes of one minor character to another, to form a better, more major character? It's not as if there was any NEED to have two seperate characters...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
So... what? You're complaining that they changed the name and gender, and gave the attributes of one minor character to another, to form a better, more major character? It's not as if there was any NEED to have two seperate characters...

you're missing the point. they replaced Glorfindel with Arwen so that Liv Tyler would have more titty time. THAT is what i have a problem with. it wasn't done to streamline the plot, or help in the adaptation. it was done for titty time.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually it wasn't for "titty time", it was done in part to counter the male chauvinist line of the saga. Funny you should label it as that, though...

The Tolkien-universe is based on his catholic, patriarchal upbringing, where women are to be meek and abiding.
There were some female elves, sure, but how many actually fighting women exist in Quenta Silmarillion, for example?

Arwen's part has been extended and modified to make the saga more modern, and I'm not complaining.
The old Arwen was a pussy, just "I'll await thee at Rivendell, my love, if you ever find the time",
and "I made this banner for you to use in your adventures, my love. What? Oh yes, I love sewing...Please don't force yourself upon me".

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

it was titty time. besides, the Royalty situation in Lothlorien kinda punches holes in your theory. besides, how many fighting women are there now? i can't think of too many. even in "enlightened" societies, women tend to not take aggressive roles. in that regard, tLotR is just being realistic. yes, the books are chauvanistic, but Liv Tyler and her expanded role wasn't to counterract any of this. it was titty time.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps