Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » LotR: TTT trailer (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: LotR: TTT trailer
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone sounds a bit bitter.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
indeed they do.
IP: Logged
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, not titty time.

And my "theory" is the official line, actually.

And as for fighting women, the american and israeli armies and defense agencies is one example of utilizing females.
They can also be excellent martial artists, something I've learned the hard way, on the mat. :-)

In days of yore, women often went around and routinely slit the throats of not-quite-dead enemies on the battlefield, in many cultures.
Women are human and, as such, can be every bit as coldblooded and cruel as men, and also be mothers.

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nimpim:
Nope, not titty time.

And my "theory" is the official line, actually.

And as for fighting women, the american and israeli armies and defense agencies is one example of utilizing females.
They can also be excellent martial artists, something I've learned the hard way, on the mat. :-)

In days of yore, women often went around and routinely slit the throats of not-quite-dead enemies on the battlefield, in many cultures.
Women are human and, as such, can be every bit as coldblooded and cruel as men, and also be mothers.

blah blah blah. it was titty time. "official line"="official bullshit". besides, there ARE not combat soldiers AFAIK in the US military, only combat pilots, and the Israeli military quit using women in offensive combat because male soldiers tended to jump in front of the women. the most cruel people i have ever known have been women. however, they have not been agressive. that was the point i was making, you simply missed it.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In WW2 the USSR employed women in many roles, including snipers, infantry, tank crews and aircrew. So there.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was titty time.

See, gents, THIS is the fingers-in-the-ears approach that you so often accuse me of when I have legitimate points.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except for the fact you never have any.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega: Yes, it is. You should stop doing it, too.

And I would point out that the US requires men to sign up to be potentially drafted when they turn 18. Women don't have to (in fact, I'm not even sure if they're allowed to).

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
it was titty time.

See, gents, THIS is the fingers-in-the-ears approach that you so often accuse me of when I have legitimate points.

yeah, except i attempt to back up what i'm saying.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Wraith:
In WW2 the USSR employed women in many roles, including snipers, infantry, tank crews and aircrew. So there.

world wars are hardly a normal situation, and most of these "female special reserve battalions" were not volunteer. as i said earlier, my point was that women generally do not choose aggressive roles. being forced to learn to be a sniper is hardly choosing.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a lighter note, I found myself thinking the other day about how Oedipus Rex (the play by Sophocles) wouldn't make a good movie. That's not to say it hasn't been made into a film (I've seen at least one, filmed on an ancient Greek site which managed to give the impression that ancient Greeks lived in crumbling ruins with walls never more than a foot above the ground), just that by today's standards it wouldn't.

First of all, there's the whole older woman thing. Ew. It's never worked too well. Dustin Hoffman and Anne Bancroft were virtually the same age IRL when filming The Graduate. Sure the difference when Oedipus and, um, whatsername (it was a question in my Greek Civilisation 'O'-Level and I couldn't remember it then, still got an A grade though) isn't that much greater than Annakin and Padm�, but that's still way too much.

On the other hand, I gather Jessica Lange is quite hot in Titus and she gets to shag Alan Cumming, but I haven't seen it.

Jocasta. I just looked it up. In the exam I just wrote "JOsquiggle."

Anyway. Then there's the whole way Oedipus became king. Contrived or what? Not the whole Sphinx thing, but rather the way he inadvertently bumps off his father yet never wonders why there's no hue-and-cry over the murder of some old man out in the country, still less investigate his predecessor's death or get to see the corpse during the inevitable state funeral. Or get to hear about how the old king deepsixed his own son on account of some prophecy. I hope he found time to shitcan his National Security Adviser before getting on to the whole self-blinding thing.

So, there. Edipis is better-named than we realized. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
So, there. Edipis is better-named than we realized. 8)

maybe, but you're no poet, bub [Razz] . Jessica Lange was....i guess.....o...k.....sorta......um.....in titus. certainly better than Jessica Tandy.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the terrifying sensation that perhaps Simon and Lee had coalesced into one organism while reading his last post.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i attempt to back up what i'm saying.

No, you're not. You're just repeating "titty time" over and over.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
i attempt to back up what i'm saying.

No, you're not. You're just repeating "titty time" over and over.

apparently, you're nearly totally illiterate. do all the other words that i wrote just look like weird smears to you?
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps