Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Balance the Force? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Balance the Force?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True. Episode III can be a two hour long piece of Anakin saying "Wohoo!", and I wouldn't care. I forgive him for all his Episode I-III faults, purely for THAT monent.

Yoda.

Brushing aside his cloak.

Pulling his sabre into his hand.

Lighting it.

Fighting pose.

Orgasm now.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found something interesting about the Sith/Jedi struggle, when browsing through the Ep.II DVD to find other goodies.
After Obi-Wan talked with Jango Fett and reported back to the council, Yoda reveals something.

Windu: "I think it is time we informed the senate that our ability to use the force is diminished."
Yoda: "Only the Dark Lord of the Sith knows of our weakness; if informed the senate is, multiply, our adversaries will".

Do you think he implied the Dark Lord knows about the weakness he himself instilled in them (diminished awareness and prescience), or some general weakness the Jedi have had a long time against powerful Siths?
That he can go to certain depths and pervert the Force to his will and benefit from it in a way the Jedi can't allow themselves to do?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dark Force users have always had that advantage over their goodie two-shoe brethern, but this time the Jedi have grown complacent and arrogant... they haven't faced the Sith in four millennia, they're no longer as perceptive to their surroundings, and Windu knows it.

Of course, Palpatine may simply be an exceptionally strong Sith with a few new tricks up his sleeve... either way, the JO is finished, it's too rigid and too proud to admit its own weakness, which will be the Jedi's undoing.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yoda - even as a CGI creation was relatively motionless - and when he did move he was in his little Rygel chair - floating along.

Make him move realistically - fight etc. would have looked very fake if he was moving at normal human speed. We've only ever seen him move (in CGI) very slowly or sped up like a Benny-Hill chase scene! *cue yakkity sax*

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AndrewR:
You mean Yoda the Hedgehog. It was all so our eyes wouldn't linger on the CGI creation for too long.

You said that before, and it still makes no sense. The previous 90 minutes were full of long, lingering shots of Yoda (sexy beast that he is). Why would they suddenly try to hide the CGI?
Well there is the fact that in one of the DVD documentaries, George (or one of his SFX minions) says that they had to speed Yoda up so that the CGI flaws wouldn't be as apparent.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe not in the double-flips, but in most of the fight he moves normally, as a human fighter would.
I just rechecked the scene several times yesterday, it looks more hasty the first time you watch it in the cinema.

If you rewatch and dissect it you see that during the majority of the fight he relies on solid ground footwork.
Dooku is actually the one doing most of the saberwork, he's forced to wave that thing all over the place in order to keep up a viable guard against Yoda.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yoda was walking along in the first scene in Palpatine's Office. And he squinted! Ooooh!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It ain't easy being greeeen...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean "not easy is it, green being".
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think Yoda would likely say "Not easy being green, it is."

So sorry to nix...er...nitpick. [Razz]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Around the nixpickers, a perimeter create!"

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Anger, Fear, Hate: These are the ways of the Nixpickers. Give into them you must not...."

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps