Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Balance the Force? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Balance the Force?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a board-wide consparicy.
I always knew guys like Omega and Psyliam were strong with the darkside but I thought they were just being mean to newbies.....
Now I know better. [Big Grin]

...but then, who's the aprentice in that duo, eh?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually it was more of a *bump* to try and make those guys drop their turnips and mash some keys.

But yours is much better.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the old mindtrick, man.
Don't read any post that includes the phrae "rethink your life" or you'll find yourself watching Freinds and attending regular church services in middle-class suberbia.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's your master?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm mean to newbies?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

You will be.
I have forseen it.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason, if your only quarrel with the "Rule of Two" is that it puts Jedi Detective skills to shame, that's not much of a counter-argument.
They'd be harder to find than if they were 20, not easier.

The Sith probably adopted a strict no-touch policy on Jedi during the organization's most fragile years, focusing on rebuilding alliances and resources, never sticking their necks out and just waiting until they were ready.

If they just stuck to the rim worlds I'd doubt they would be found if they didn't want to. Sith mind cloak and all that.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

So you're saying there are more than two Sith in existance at a time?
That's what i can't fathom: how are there any Sith at all if there are only two at any given time?
Mabye there are several trainees that have not reached full power and are not full Sith while two are causing trouble?
I mean, what happens if both Master and Aprentice get killed?
Game over?
That does'nt make any sense.
It's be better if the Sith operate in cells that don't have exact information on each other (in case of capture).
Not like we'll ever know for sure.

************Spoilers**************
It's been released that there is a new villian central to the upcoming movie (probably besides Vader) and that there will be proto-TIE Fighters and part of the movie takes place in or near the construction of the Death star.
Highlight the white text:
http://www.theforce.net/episode3/index.shtml#21890

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

Jason: "So you're saying there are more than two Sith in existance at a time?"

No, by "the Sith" I meant the two.
However, they could surround themselves with aides, slaves and such.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

So if they both eat it, the slaves...uh...train themselves to be Sith?
That would result in some shoddy Sith though.

Mabye there's a gaggle o' SIth in hybernation sleep or something and a computer de-frosts/ clones a new set as needed?

The way I see it, the Jedi and the Sith are like the Shriners and the Freemasons.
When you boil it down, they're both exclusive clubs with secret handshakes and clandestine meetings.
Yeah, both are cool in their own way and they like to party but the Jedi have better P.R. and are waaaay more open to the public.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Jucasta Nu is Sypha Dyas? [Smile] Admittedly after a sex-change! [Smile] Although - are "Master Jedi"'s a unisex term? I don't believe we've ever heard "Mistress Jedi". Infact - why have we never had any speaking-roles for Female Jedi!?!?!

Except for old Jucasta Nu.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
Member # 205

That's another thing I hope they clear up in Ep. III, who was Sifo-Dyas?
He did exist at one point, maybe Palpatine killed him, went to Kamino himself and used a Sith Mind Trick to make everyone think he looked like Sifo-Dyas.

If you place an order like that I think they'd want to be sure they have a serious client with good credentials...

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

All I know is I wanna see Papaltine kil Mace Windu.
I'm a Sam Jackson fan but Mace is just a prick.
He's pretty damn angry for a Jedi, isint he?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

No, he's been pathologically calm so far, IMO.
Jango Fett got his just desserts, and nothing short of a decapitation would've stopped him. ;.)

Funny that Mace held his blade to Jango's throat already at the throne balcony.

Mace Windu is arguably the best swordsman in the galaxy at that point, harnessing the seventh style of lightsaber combat, I strongly suspect he won't be beat in fair play.
More than that I won't speculate.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"No, he's been pathologically calm so far, IMO."

Matches his Bad Motherfucker persona to a T, if you ask me. B)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps