Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » HELLLOOOO ORION! (and other Brits) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: HELLLOOOO ORION! (and other Brits)
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get my Argos schedule tomorrow, so I'll post the info then.

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel so left out. This is yet another reason I need to move to England. All these American losers sit at their PCs and never do anything. You Brits do all sorts of cool stuff. Why? My theory is that you're just cooler. Man, I need to move there. London or Manchester. Which increases my chances of meeting Noel Gallagher? Hmm...

------------------
"She's just as bored as me." - Kurt Cobain
Polly, Nirvana

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is terrible. We're depressing the Americans with all our frolics. Perhaps, as a mark of respect, we should miss out the trip to the lapdancing club this time?

------------------
"I cannot live out that life.
That man is bereft of passion... and imagination!
That is not who I am!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you're depressing DT, which is about as hard as melting an icecube with a flamethrower.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DT: Actually, I think it might have more to do w/ the fact that all the Brits live about 5% as far away from each other as most of the Americans. Britain's a much smaller place...

------------------
"If you attempt to return the device to the store, and you are missing one single peanut, the store personnel will laugh in the chilling manner exhibited by Joseph Stalin just after he enslaved Eastern Europe."

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same thought. "OOH Manchester is soo far away, I have to catch the X train via this then there to get to here (dribble dribble dribble ad nauseum). Come on guys! Let me give you an idea of something larger, say AndrewR and me. He lives in Brisbane and I in Melbounre. That's about London to Rome.

And on an interesting side note (just so I'm being fair and mocking all) you'll be surprised to know that during the great buffalo hunts of the 1800's they killed enough north american bisons to fill a line of train carriges that would stretch from San Francisco to Washington and back. So there! *L*

------------------
Samaritan: "A good hot curry will help heal your wounds. That is, unless your religion forbids it".

Man: (Eyes growing wide) "No religion forbids a good hot curry".

-From some movie.

[This message has been edited by Daryus Aden (edited January 17, 2000).]

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm told you can get very reasonable flights for weekend breaks from London to Rome...

------------------
Gene: "I AM Star Trek"
Yvonne: "You can't sum yourself up in so small a package."
Gene: "SMALL?!!"

- Gene Roddenberry: The Last Conversation

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's cause they're cooler than we are. Of course, aside from Daryus and Baloo (who I am determined to use as a source of material for my upcoming documentrary "American Folk Tales") all the non-Brits are just too wierd to want to meet. For instance, how many of those not living in Great Britain speak with a cool accent and do thinks like drink "lagers" and call people "gits"?

------------------
"She's just as bored as me." - Kurt Cobain
Polly, Nirvana

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do know that the 200 miles or so between London and Manchester isn't that far, but we are unfortunately limited by the public transport system. Trains unfortunately don't run all day and night so things like this have to be planned in this way.

------------------
Worf: He is an overgrown child and she is...confused.

O'Brien: It could still work.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus, have you SEEN our public transport system?

But if it makes you feel better, the next ofum social event shall take place about a metre from Daryus' bedroom. Deal?

I finish at 5 BTW, so I can be in London by about half 6. Do you guys want to meet ahead of me? I'll ask Lee when he gets in, and I'll post the stuff tomorrow at 1:30 (when I get in). If it changes, then I'll post the new info, and Orion can say on Saturday whether or not he can make it.

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

But, er, has anyone got an idea where we are going? Somewhere near where either Joe or OS gets his train?

------------------

Mr Garrison

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

On that particular day I may, not yet sure, be in London to meet someone else for lunch. After seeing them off, I could make my way to the rendezvous with you cwwwwayzy guys. Just make sure we meet somewhere we can be likely to spot each other (recognise each other in the case of Lee, Liam and myself). Such as a Tube station....proximal to a fine public house of course.

------------------
Gene: "I AM Star Trek"
Yvonne: "You can't sum yourself up in so small a package."
Gene: "SMALL?!!"

- Gene Roddenberry: The Last Conversation

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

By a not-entirely-amazing coicidence, Walthamstow, Finsbury Park and Euston are all on the Victoria line. Which is convenient for everyone. Except maybe Joe. I'm not sure what train he needs to get.

------------------

Mr Garrison

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Like I say, Leicester Square tube, by the exit that's outside Wyndham's theatre where the play "Art" is on. It's a good spot to meet, I've used it before.

Okay. Say Leicester Square tube, by the exit that's outside Wyndam's theatre where "Art" is playing, at around 6:15 to 6:30.

We might go to a good restaurant in Soho that Lee's been too before. But we have to be there before 7. There's no dress-code. We'll go somewhere quieter to have a drink and talk after. Or a lap-dancing place. One of the two.

And then we'll walk past Page's Bar. And spit on their faces! BWAHAHAHAHA!

------------------

Mr Garrison

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Orion: Post whether you can do it tomorrow. I'll check the boards at 1, 3 and 4, in case something comes up. If not, see you Saturday.

------------------

Mr Garrison

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps