Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I need your dirt (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I need your dirt
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I realize how weird this sounds...

I need dirt.

Ok, I don't need dirt, my sister does. For a science project... And she needs it now.

If you live in the US, and want to send about 4 to 8 ounces of dirt to me, please drop me a mail at [email protected].
I need to know by tomorrow...

------------------
"You shot him! You shot him dead!!"
"Well, he was attacking me with a banana!"

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I to take it you are attempting to provoke a trans-Atlantic mud-hurling contest?

*lobs sizable shlop of mud over the ocean...*

*Splats over North Carolina*

Chuckle...

------------------
"No way man!
I've served my time in hell, and I ain't going back...
Not without a fight!"

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm Monty, you do realise that it wasn't mud that you just lobbed across the ocean, don't you?

------------------
Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.

[This message has been edited by Orion Syndicate (edited March 01, 2000).]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Granted, there are huge strides made in tecnology every day. Why, just last week, I picked up a piece of plastic, and could hear voices coming from it. Voices of people who weren't even in the room. Wow.

But, despite all this, I still can't quite work outhow to send dirt via e-mail. Stuffing it into the CD-ROM slot hasn't worked. Although my computer now makes a comforting crackling noise every now and then.

------------------
"I'd give anything to be able to turn invisible. I wouldn't use my powers to beat people up, but use them to protect the girl's locker room."
Xander Harris

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*L* Dirt, huh? Well... hehehe... are we talking dirt that's indigineous to the area, or dirt from a bag? Being one that owns a greenhouse, fields, and a floral shop, the dirt possibilities in my life are ENDLESS! Dirt or sand? With or without rocks? Fertilized or unfertilized? Clean or dirty? Packed or unpacked? *grin* Maybe I'm putting too much thought into this... what do you think? And what is she going to DO with this dirt, anyway? *L*

Nevermind..... I may not want to know... hehe.....

~LOA

------------------
No, you CAN'T see my picture!

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clean dirt? Excuse my ignorance, but I thought dirt is dirty...hence the word dirty!

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can imagen a couple ways to make dirt dirtier. I sure wouldn't want that stuff for my science project.
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plain, unaltered dirt. Not potting soil. With rocks.

No 'dirtying' of the dirt required. *L*

------------------
"You shot him! You shot him dead!!"
"Well, he was attacking me with a banana!"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you live in the Arctic or something? Why don't YOU have dirt?

------------------
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps this is for multiple dirt samples from around the country...?
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would it matter if it was CANADIAN dirt? After all, it's dirt that we always want to chuck at you Americans for quite a while.......

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would I have to pay postage on this dirt?

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here I thought Charles was going to start up a site to compete with thesmokinggun.com.

------------------
"You are stupid and evil and do not know you are stupid and evil."
--
Gene Ray, Cubic

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhhh what if I sent you dirt from Australia! heh heh with lots and lots of nasties - I'm sure white ants, termits, wierd worms and parasites, not to mention I'm sure many larval forms of insects or amphibians!

LOL - I'm NOT going to do this of course - ECHELON - if you're listening...

I can't stand what has happen to Queensland - they brought Buffo marinas from Tahiti I think - to combat the cane beetle back in the 20s or 30s I think - well what happened to this Buffo marinas - or CANE TOAD - is that nothing can kill them (naturally) - if larger animals like dogs and feral cats eat them - the toads exude a nasty poisonous substance from glands at the back of their head...

so basically - they kill all the natural frogs and fauna and are spreading - rapidly - down the Queensland Coast - I think they are over the boarder into norther New South Wales - and west towards the Northern Territory - potentially threatening the Kakadu National Park...

Andrew

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you all thought that the toad bit in "Bart vs Australia" was just an amusing joke, and not representative of a very real problem which could wipe out all life down under.

Ob-la-de Ob-la-da

------------------
"Sometimes I wish the planet would be scoured with cleansing fire. Other times I just wish Frank would be."
Sol System

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps