Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Greatest Cars Ever (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Greatest Cars Ever
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently, I've been surrounded by great cars. The 2000 Chicago Auto Show, Gran Turismo 2, and various websites. But there is always this driving question that I can never seem to answer. What is my favorite car? I've narrowed it down to a "small" little list, but I still cannot get a definitive one. So far, I have the following:

2000 Aston Martin DB7 Vantage
2001 BMW Z8 (Yes, that is me standing next to the car)
2000 Chrysler 300M
1998 Dodge Copperhead
1996 Dodge Viper GTS-R
1969 Ford GT40
1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK GT-R
1998 Nissan R34 Skyline GT-R V-Spec (Note: This is an R33 Skyline GT-R, and not an R34)
199? Nismo (Nissan) 400R
199? TRD (Toyota) 2000GT
199? TVR Cerbera 4.5
1998 TVR Speed 12
1996 Vector M12

So, what is your list of your favorite cars?

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

[This message has been edited by The359 (edited April 24, 2000).]

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite car:

1990 Ford Taurus station wagon. My dad has a 6 cylinder one with wider openings(he says he gets more bang with them), and it feels like a sports car.

Ar Ar Ar!

------------------
"No children have ever meddled with the Republican Party and have lived to tell about it." Sideshow Bob

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The following is a list of cars which I have either driven, or admired. Pictures are available by clicking the links. I expect 2 common themes if anyone replies to my message: They'll call me strange, and, they'll remark on the car in the background of the Diplomat picture. *LOL*

• Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (1972)
  • Dodge Diplomat S-Type Coupe (1980)
  • Ford Taurus SHO Sedan (1994)
  • Chevrolet Cavalier (1989)

========

And, if I could have any car I wanted, it would be either a 1972 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible, or a 1987 Chrysler 5th Avenue Sedan (M-Body, like the Diplomat, only more luxurious). *L* Mmm, luxury ...

[This message has been edited by Coddman (edited April 24, 2000).]

• Nim
    The Aardvark asked for a dagger
    Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    The new Mercedes is cool. Fastest in the world after the McLaren, which isn't being built anymore.

------------------
    -At least I can get it up without biomechanical pumps.
    -Try falling into a pit of lava, Moffy. Then see how horny you feel.

Saiyanman Benjita
    ...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
    Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    You know what I'm going to do, I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible. Hot pink with whale skin hubcaps, and all leather cow interior and big brown baby seal eyes for headlights, Yeah! And I'm gonna drive around in that baby at 115 MPH getting 1 Mile per gallon, sucking down quarterpounder cheesburgers from McDonald's in the old fashioned non-biodegradable styrofoam containers. And when I'm sucking down those greaseball burgers, I'm gonna wipe my mouth with the american flag and I'm gonna throw those styrofoam containers right out the side and there ain't a goddamn thing anyone can do about it, you know why? Because we got the bombs, that's right! Two words: Nuclear F****** weapon. Russia, Germany, Romania, they can have all the democracy they want. They can have a big democracy cakewalk right through the middle of Tienaman square and it won't make a lick of difference, because we've got the bombs, OKAY?

John Wayne's not dead, he's frozen, and as soon as we find a cure for cancer, we're gonna thaw out the Duke, and he's gonna be pretty pissed off. You know why? Ever taken a cold shower? Well multiply that by about fifteen million times, that's how pissed off the Duke's gonna be. I'm gonna get the Duke, and John Cassavettes, and Lee Marvin, and Sam Peckinpaugh, and a case of Whisky, and Drive down to Texas and beat the living snot out of those contry music, faggety hat-wearing cowboy WANNABEES! Chop off their heads and have a huge skull Keg party, That's what I'm gonna do!

------------------
    Well I'm a Bada$$ cowboy living in a cowboy day wicky-wicky-wak yo yo bang bang
    me and Artemus Clydefrog go save Selma Hayek from the big metal spider
    Wicky-wicky-wak wicky-wicky-wicky-wak
    Bada$$ cowboy from the West Si-yiide

Michael Dracon
    aka: NightWing or Altair
    Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    '80 Corvette Stingray
    and
    '96 Dodge Viper

------------------
    "Look! I'm quoting myself."
    - me

(-=\V/=-)

The359
    The bitch is back
    Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Actually, I believe the McLaren F1's record has been broken (or soon will be broken) by the 240mph+ TVR Speed 12.

At least, one would think an 800hp+ (stock) car could do over 240...

Oh, and I'll add links to pictures for my list of cars as soon as I find them

------------------
    "The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Coddman
    ()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
    Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Saiyanman Benjita : What the hell was all that about? I'm the only person here who mentioned the Eldorado, so it must have something to do with me, but you never can tell when a rant is as hysterical as that one was....*L*
    Fabrux
    Epic Member
    Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    *ROTFLMAO*

He's quoting form the song "Asshole", by Dennis Leary

------------------
    "Keep on Trekking"
    -D. Kelly

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited April 24, 2000).]

Baloo
    Curmudgeon-in-Chief
    Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Not cars I would like to own, but cars I like nonetheless:

1948 Tucker Torpedo: The most advanced and different of the post-war cars. Too bad only about 50 were ever produced.

1938 Phantom Corsair: I first saw one when I was 12 years old, at the Harrah's Automobile Museum. It looked zoomy! Of course, it's impractical, but so's any supermodel, and I don't try to avoid looking at them, either.

1964 Lincoln Continental convertible: One of the last four-door convertibles made in the U.S. Those suicide rear doors are so cool!

Chrysler Atlantic: What can I say? I like retro styling.

The Buckminster Fuller Dymaxion Car: Too goofy! This car had a rear engine that powered the front wheels, and steered by turning the single back wheel. It had a rear-view periscope and was powered by a Ford V-8. All this in the mid-1930s!

There's more, but I haven't got the time to search out links to them all.

--Baloo

------------------
    "A man always needs to remember one thing about a beautiful woman.
    Somewhere, somebody's tired of her."
    -- Fortune Cookie
    http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited April 24, 2000).]

Nim
    Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    I don't remember who posted the pic of the C4 ,
    (Chrysler Chronos Concept Car) but I just wanted to add it to my list as I've fallen in love with it. It's a perfect "Batman meets The Saint"!

------------------

The359
    The bitch is back
    Member # 37

Found it, and it's cousins!

Chrysler Chronos

Chrysler Citadel

Chrysler Phaeton

------------------

The 359 Webpage

[This message has been edited by The359 (edited April 25, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by The359 (edited April 25, 2000).]

Harry
    Stormwind City Guard
    Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    I think that was me who posted the Chronos..

------------------
    "When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
    -- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Curry Monster
    Somewhere in Australia
    Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Some of the more revolutionary vehicles have been made by Jeep, landrover, subaru and of course...ferrari.

Let me give you a link to the ultimate offroad machine. (Standard production, of course). It's called the Landrover Defender eXtreme. And it's a beast

http://www.landrover.co.uk/products/defender/

------------------
    "Blind faith is the crutch of fools"

Nim
    Member # 205

I like the Land Rovers but think that a Hummer would be better suited for the really tough assignments. I mean, it's got a higher *ground-free space* (what's the term?) and the width makes it more balanced in tight turns.
    The width also puts the wheels outside the usual wheel-tracks (responsible for so much inconvenience if it's muddy).

But that's just me. Please tell me if there's something I'm forgetting.

------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
    HTML is enabled.
    UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps