Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Greatest Cars Ever (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Greatest Cars Ever
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ground Clearance is the term I believe

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about this monster:
The Lotus M250

Or, even better, the Lotus Elise 340R, a mean machine!!!!!!
[URL=http://sphinx.virtual-showroom.co.uk/reviews/Lotus/340R-gallery.html]http://sphinx.virtual-showroom.co.uk/reviews/Lotus/340R-gallery.html

Or a fancy Jaguar XK-blabla

The Plymouth Prowler: [url=http://www.supercars.net/present_cars/plymouth/prowler/p1.jpg]p1.jpg

And the only remaining Dutch car producer, Donkervoort:
http://www.donkervoort.nl/images/d8auto/Sales_audi.html

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[URL=http://www.prakesh.f2s.com]Prakesh's Star Trek Site

[This message has been edited by Prakesh (edited April 27, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Prakesh (edited April 27, 2000).]

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lotus M250 just looks like a newer Lotus Elise roadster

The Lotus 340R looks like that concept car Ford build to look like a street-legal IndyCar

And I believe the XK180 has become the new Jaguar F-Type

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
359: You look an awful lot like Pierce Brosnan.

------------------
"One more day before the storm
At the barricades of freedom!
When our ranks begin to form
Will you take your place with me?"
--Enjolras, "One Day More," Les Miserables

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nimrod, the Hummer would be better in some areas than an LRD. However it's too wide for general forest trails. The ground clearence is superior, but you have to remember you're talking about a military vehicle here. I'm talking stock standard production vehicle for the general public.

------------------
"Blind faith is the crutch of fools"

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I understand that GM has addressed this situation by buying the Hummer from AM General, and is already planning the Hummer H2 (the original Hummer is now the H1):

[Click on the picture to read all about it.]

Personally, I think the following vehicle is just as practical as the H1 or the H2, and would probably attract as much (if not more) attention:

[Click on the picture to see where I found the pic.]

As an added bonus, I'd guess that the Kenworth Pilgrimage would get such abysmally poor gas mileage that your neighbors would have no trouble mistaking you for some poor dolt who actually has to worry about such trivial things as money.

P.S.: Whoever posted the truly enormous URL above, please change it to a keyword and link. I can't go above 600 x 800 resolution without dropping to 256 color resolution and URLs don't wrap. :P

------------------
"The difference between involved and committed? Look at a plate of ham and eggs. The chicken is involved. The pig is committed."
-- Me
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/[/URL]

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited May 02, 2000).]

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well here's my list...

BMW M Roadster (Bond Blue)
BMW Z8 (Silver)
1998 Ford Mustang Cobra Convertable (Red with white strips and a rollover bar)
Acura Integra (Forest Green)
Indy 500 edition C5 Corvette Convertable
Jaguar XK8 convertable (VIP blue)
Mustang Mach 3 (Forest green)
2000 Ferraris (Black)
1996 Dodge Viper R/10 Roadster (Red)
2000 BMW 328i Sedan (Silver)
2001 BMW 328i Convertable (BMW purple)

------------------
"Life is like a dick, sometimes you just wanna f**k it"
-Yun Zhu
USS Vanderbilt NCC-73121, Vanderbilt Class Starship

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prime! But...but you're dead!

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL!

And you should know that he only stays dead for a few weeks on average.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
John Linnell: "You know, we actually know the next song we're going to play. We're talking about some personal stuff that concerns just me and John. I realize that this probably isn't the time or the place."
John Flansburgh: "We can finish this conversation in the car."

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Daryus, that was exactly what I was talking aboot! I wouldn't want to parallel-park a hummer or stand at a red light while the diesel is practically pouring down on the ground.

However, I'm going to Kenya next year and THAT...*points up to the H2*...is what I'd like to be packing when I'm passing through Tsavo. (Catch my drift?)

------------------
-It's a free society, except there's nothing free,
there's no guarantees y'know, you're on your own.
It's like, "law of the jungle"!

-Keva Rosenberg

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

You liked the 1998 Corvette C5 Indy Pace Car?! That sucker was ugly! Come on, it had yellow seats!

Now the 1996 Dodge Viper GTS pacecar, blue with white stripes, THAT was a pacecar. Didn't even need modification to pace the field at 150mph!

(BTW, the pacecar for the 2000 Indianapolis 500 is an icky Oldsmobile Aurora! Blech!)

And good thing you chose the 98 Mustang and not the 99, since the 99s are OOGLIE! And my rich neighbor just bought a 1999 Mustang GT Convertible, orange with a black stripe

------------------

The 359 Webpage

[This message has been edited by The359 (edited May 03, 2000).]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Batmobile.

No stinkin' Shumacher one, though, just the real deal.

------------------
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nimrod - I guess its just a matter of personal taste The way I see it, practical design is what its all about. They've done some very severe offroad tests out here (and as you can image, Australians are slightly less than sane when it comes to setting new stunts in their vehicles). Anyway the LRD beat everything hands down. One thing I'll point out is that whilst the Hummers differential clearence is superior, the LRD has superior axle articulation and ramp over angles. But then, put an inexperienced driver in either and they'll both be useless.

------------------
"Blind faith is the crutch of fools"

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I like the Viper pacecar also. But it wasn't a droptop. And the Corvette pacecar isn't that bad to look at. Just avoid looking at it directly, as if it were a star.

The new Mustangs are freaking ugly. I love the more powerful engine, but the damn shell looks so box-like and too retro for my taste. The '94-'98 body styles definately looked better than the new ones.

------------------
"Life is like a dick, sometimes you just wanna f**k it"
-Yun Zhu
USS Vanderbilt NCC-73121, Vanderbilt Class Starship

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps