Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Greatest Cars Ever (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Greatest Cars Ever
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the New Taillights on the '00 Mustangs. They're alot better than the ones they've over the past four years.

------------------
"Hello and welcome to 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter - just like a condom to a Trekkie." - Drew Carey, Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The mustang, stingray, firebird and camaro have all turned into shit since '80.
The stingray looks like a porsche now.
The camaro, Trans Am/Firebird and the mustan all look the same to me.
Small beady headlights, ground clearance of about nil and a hood shorter than the trunk. I want the old long-hoods back, like on the Chrysler Chronos, those guys found their way back to the ol' recipe.

------------------
-It's a free society, except there's nothing free,
there's no guarantees y'know, you're on your own.
It's like, "law of the jungle"!

-Keva Rosenberg

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....Yeah, and Mustangs in the '80's were the best. Right. Damn pieces of aluminum.

------------------
"Hello and welcome to 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter - just like a condom to a Trekkie." - Drew Carey, Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah Justin, nothing beats the original Mustang... well maybe the Shelby Cobra.

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-USS Luzon, Vanderbuilt Class starship

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not even a McLaren F1? Those baby's rock.

------------------
"Blind faith is the crutch of fools"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ultra, I meant up to '80, not after.

And the mclaren maybe fast and streamlined but there's something about the whole engine-in-the-middle-for-improved-balance that kinda throws off the aesthetics for me.

------------------
-It's a free society, except there's nothing free,
there's no guarantees y'know, you're on your own.
It's like, "law of the jungle"!

-Keva Rosenberg

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pah. They are all namby cars. Cars for women. Cars for men who lack pubes. THIS IS A CAR. WITH A REAL MAN'S NAME.

(pay no attention to the man behind the curtain).

------------------
*Amusing quote not available, please call back later*

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bianco? BIANCO?!?

Er... Liam, I have a friend who describes transportation accessories like that as "sh1tboxes". In this case, I'll have to plead the fifth. After all, one tends to have irrational pride in one's vehicle, lest one die of shame.

------------------
"The difference between involved and committed? Look at a plate of ham and eggs. The chicken is involved. The pig is committed."
-- Me
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited May 08, 2000).]

Member # 239

Damn, those are some sweet wheels, Liam. :P

I need to get me one just like it. I hope I'll have enough change left over from a slurpie at 7-11 to afford one. If not, I'll borrow a quarter.

Well, actually, I probably should learn how to drive first. Hmm who'd a thunk it. A 16 year old without even a learners. Oh well.

------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry

I'm 17 with just a learners...

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bianca. Which I'll have you know is a really sexy name in the UK. Yeah.

I'd love a better car, but as I'm a student who can barely make rent, I can't afford anything better. Now, if one of you spoilt tosspo...er...I mean lovely Americans whose parents let you have two cars for your 17th would like to help, I'll gladly take one off of your hands.

------------------
*Amusing quote not available, please call back later*

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you mean. As part of the final decree's conditions, I had to trade my 1993 Chrysler Concord for TW's (TW = That Woman) 1994 Dodge Grand Caravan (Rather like the picture below, except it's blue).

Now that is what I'd call a transportation appliance. I'm above feeling embarrassed by transportation I have no choice but to drive, but I still keep trying to come up with good reasons to like it.

1. It's roomier than the Concord.

2. Although the payments are more than the Concorde's, it has a valid service agreement, meaning that the nearly $1,000 repair job on the air conditioning system cost me only the $50 deductible.

3. It costs less to insure than the Concorde.

4. The gas mileage (~25 mpg.) is no worse than the White Grape's.

5. While the driving dynamics aren't as exciting as the Concord's, it is quieter at speed and rides more comfortably.

6. It's a (potential) party barge.

Now if only something could be done to liven up the bland styling...?

--Baloo

------------------
"The difference between involved and committed? Look at a plate of ham and eggs. The chicken is involved. The pig is committed."
-- Me
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My car is like Baloo's, only it's a year older, green, and made by Plymouth. I agree about the party-barge thing, though...the extra seats came in handy when our Internet club went to a computer show to pick up an Ethernet hub for the new Linux lab. Er, um.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
John Flansburgh: "This song is so old that it's actually featured on our brand new record."
John Linnell: "It's one of those year 2000 problems."

[This message has been edited by The Shadow (edited May 10, 2000).]

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear .

------------------
"Blind faith is the crutch of fools"

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam: is that a Fiat Uno, or a Tipo?

My family have had:
a Ritmo, two Regatas, two Tempras and a Marea. That's 1983 to 2000, folks!

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps