Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Stuff you want to see in Flare2 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Stuff you want to see in Flare2
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like the ability to point the board to an html file somewheres on the web that's full of signatures, and pick one at random each time I post a message.

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ability to do this easily.

------------------
Admin at the trekbbs.com

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom:
All but the Private messaging stuff is "fluff" in my book. (PMs were being added anyway...)
Who's Online is a privacy threat. I'll keep it at that. (Don't ask me to explain, it gets into techno-ubb-babble)
Wish granted: All posts that have gone for more than one month without a reply will be automagically archived.
The popup system can't happen - it would require ripping apart the authentication routines on EVERY moderator function. They are NOT centralized within the UBB.
The delete function for users, as we know it, will dissapear. No more "red X". Greet the "hidden post" feature.
There will be text links in place of CERTAIN icons.
The DaysPrune function is critical to the functionality of the UBB and cannot be removed or altered signifigantly, unless you want me to COMPLETELY rip apart forumdisplay. Trust me, after about three hours of going through that lump of SHIT, I will NOT be happy.
The layout as we see it now will go through an evolutionary change. I don't do "normal" UBB.

Omega: While technically possible, I don't know how I'd go about doing that in a way that you'd actually enjoy using... *LOL*

TLE: I'm working on that, actually.... (Not as part of the UBB, though)

------------------
"You shot him! You shot him dead!!"
"Well, he was attacking me with a banana!"

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what about a comprehensive list of ALL UBB command strings? I only figured out two months ago that the codes for the smileys are just the expression rotated!

I wouldn't know the first place to look to get the codes for all of TLE's colours (other than Editing his post, obviously!). I recall the number of attempts I had to do to make my status line Red.

SEE!?!

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

[This message has been edited by Gaseous Anomaly (edited May 14, 2000).]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would appear then that Charles is actually pretty damn close to being finalized. Great to hear.

I remember hearing at some point that the DS9 forum would disappear with the implementation of Flare 2. Still planned?

------------------
The above post was mulled-over, composed, and posted during time Tom would have better spent on his plethora of homework and homework-related exercises. Now don't you feel special?

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://flare.solareclipse.net/ubbcode.html

This is the list of UBB code.

HTML is also available for use, which is, I believe, how the color change is created.

------------------
"You say don't fear your dreams, it's easier than it seems.
You say you'd never let me fall, from hopes so high.
But never is a promise, and you can't afford to lie." - Fiona Apple

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Integrate curry into the forums huh? I wonder..*envisages merry hell*.

------------------
"Blind faith is the crutch of fools"

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jubes, I'm well aware of the UBB code on the Reply screen - you mean I have to know HTML to get the most out of these things?
Bah!

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The_Tom: Yeah, I think the DS9 forum is going. Also, it appears as though Frank is going to moderate Starships...

------------------
"Keep on Trekking"
-D. Kelly

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited May 15, 2000).]

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't bother to read the rest of the thread (exams) so I'm not sure if someone mentioned this already.

I have this problem where I post replies in threads and then forget the name of the thread or forum I posted in. I would find it useful if there was a link on the page which would, when clicked on, would bring up a pop-up window (like the one to view someone's profile) with a list of the threads I last posted in, plus perhaps whether or not they had been replied to recently.

Did someone bring this up already? Wait, don't bother answering that, I'll probably have forgotten I even posted here within the next hour.

------------------
"Try not.
Do.
Or Do not.
There is no try."
-Yoda, Jedi Master.

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YUPPERS!

You need to know HTML to do most of that stuff.
www.htmlgoodies.com (or maybe it's .net? )

Have fun!

------------------
"You say don't fear your dreams, it's easier than it seems.
You say you'd never let me fall, from hopes so high.
But never is a promise, and you can't afford to lie." - Fiona Apple

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually that colour thing is easy to do. I have a program that writes out the HTML format for the codes and you just copy/paste it

BTW: If you want to see how it was written like this, click on the edit button of my post.
------------------
Admin at the TrekBBS.com

[This message has been edited by TLE (edited May 20, 2000).]

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Showoff!!!

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*brain goes into overload after seeing so many font tags*

------------------
Mr. Burns: Remember, you must find the jade monkey before the next full moon...
Smithers: Uh, sir, we found the jade monkey. It was in the glove box.
Mr. Burns: And the ice scraper? And the maps?
Smithers: Yes.
Mr. Burns: Excellent. Everything's falling into place...

Teelie
Member # 280

Nah, if I were to really show off, I'd make this post in rainbow text too

------------------
Admin at the TrekBBS.com

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps