Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » the price of gas (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: the price of gas
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's 1$ to the Euro? So that makes a Euro 2/3rds of a pound then.

------------------
"A fully functioning, cybernetic, technologically advanced team of superheroes... and NOBODY'S got a flashlight?"
- Polly Ester; Samurai Pizza Cats

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Euro is currently worth slightly less than the dollar, actually, IIRC.

------------------
June is National Accordion Awareness Month.
"Have you heard Alanis Morisette trying to play the harmonica? She doesn't know how to play the harmonica. Well guess what, Alanis, I INVENTED the 'don't-know-how-to-play-harmonica-harmonica-solo.'" - John Flansburgh

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It swings around from one side to the other. I took 1 to 1 to make the calculation easier. It's not precise anyway, it's somewhere in between 4.20 and 4.60

------------------
"From where I'm sitting now, the plot is manacled to a monorail with a GPS system stapled to its buttocks."
- Jim Wright, about 'Unimatrix Zero'

(-=\V/=-)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also consider the fact that vast stretches of Siberia are being poisoned by Russian pipelines that lose more oil than they successfully transfer.

I'd love to be optimistic about energy, but I just don't think we'll see it. The world simply can't support a global population living the American lifestyle. Hello Blade Runner, I guess.

Which is going to be on the Sci-Fi Channel tonight. Cool!

------------------
"While it is true that 15% of home accidents are caused by large penis related incidents, only a small number have ever been known to be fatal."
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"!

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 things:

If America was in control of the entire Earth it would (yeah, right!)

Americans don't want the rest of the world to have their lifestyle for the most part, the average American is still the isolationist the government was before WWII

I am beginning to think Russia needs to ask some nation (any nation) to come in there (physically) and help them out.

Gas may go down tomorrow!

------------------
If you don't believe in what I say or the God I speak of I guess you'll just have to meet me so the Lord and I can convert you.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah you have it easy! Over here petrol is 89c per litre. Of which about 55 cents is direct tax. If you removed tax in Aust pertol would be 35c per litre. Current rates are 89c(US 50.73) / litre or $3.36 / gallon. (US 1.91). Now factor in that they intend to raise prices by another 11% and add a goods and services tax and we are in a real shitter

------------------
"Remeber, if there is a nuclear explosion, be sure to close your windows as the massive heat could cause objects within your home to catch fire".

Wise, wise words.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, bryce...huh? I was commenting on the fact that if everyone on the planet wanted to live the typical conspicuous consumption lifestyle, it simply could not be maintained. Now ask me again after the widespread use of nanotech, and I might say something different. But I'm in a dour mood about the future right now. June does that to me.

------------------
"While it is true that 15% of home accidents are caused by large penis related incidents, only a small number have ever been known to be fatal."
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol, the state of the world as it IS can't be maintained.

------------------
I'm not an atheist, I'm a maybeist�

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, how bout this, how much does it take to fill your tank?

With my 1991 Nissan NX-2000 it costs about $10 and usually lasts for about 3 or 4 days.

In my 1995 Ford Taurus $10 will only get me half a tank, and last the same amount of days. Since I don't recall the last time I got a full tank in it, I have to guess it would last maybe 6 or 7 days.

------------------
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you."
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited June 06, 2000).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Until yesterday, I had to drive 50 mins total every weekday. I needed to refuel about once a week ($20).

------------------
June is National Accordion Awareness Month.
"Have you heard Alanis Morisette trying to play the harmonica? She doesn't know how to play the harmonica. Well guess what, Alanis, I INVENTED the 'don't-know-how-to-play-harmonica-harmonica-solo.'" - John Flansburgh

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobbes, it's a Nissan NX200

Saying NX-2000 will get everyone confused. They'll want to buy your starship

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
er, bryce? Just exactly what part of the shuttle is fueled by a gasoline engine??

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you meant NX2000, not 200. In either case, NX2000 or NX-2000 is the same thing.

------------------
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you."
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To fill a tank? Whoa, like $50.

------------------
"Remeber, if there is a nuclear explosion, be sure to close your windows as the massive heat could cause objects within your home to catch fire".

Wise, wise words.

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It so very much makes me miss my little '85 prelude. It got like 35 miles to the gallon, and a full tank would last me about 2-3 weeks. My ford Taurus is lucky to get half that much and a full tank lasts me about 5 days. Besides that, it breaks down every time I fill the tank up.

------------------
Well I'm a Bada$$ cowboy living in a cowboy day wicky-wicky-wak yo yo bang bang
me and Artemus Clydefrog go save Selma Hayek from the big metal spider
Wicky-wicky-wak wicky-wicky-wicky-wak
Bada$$ cowboy from the West Si-yiide

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps