Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » the price of gas (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: the price of gas
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? Our 1995 Ford Taurus has never had any major problems.

------------------
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you."
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Read: Extremely variable build quality.]

--Baloo

------------------
Beer lovers take note:
Stroh's spelled backwards is "shorts."

http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$2.00!!!! We in the city of Lansing, MI Have reach $2.00! Think of how many complaints we're getting at the Attorney General's Office.

Actually, it's $2.09, for an increase of 41 cents over the span of ten days, for those of you keeping track of my posts
------------------
Well I'm a Bada$$ cowboy living in a cowboy day wicky-wicky-wak yo yo bang bang
me and Artemus Clydefrog go save Selma Hayek from the big metal spider
Wicky-wicky-wak wicky-wicky-wicky-wak
Bada$$ cowboy from the West Si-yiide

[This message has been edited by Saiyanman Benjita (edited June 12, 2000).]

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, we got $2.12. Chicago's above $2.20. And some places in Michigan have run out of gas because a pipeline was broken, so there's no gas coming in.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

[This message has been edited by The359 (edited June 12, 2000).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who votes we nuke Saddam and take Iraq's oil? Two birds w/ one stone, eh? *L*

------------------
"Are you alright? You sure? 'Cause you just went through a wall."
-Detective Drycoff, Gone in 60 Seconds

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, the oil companies are blaming the price hike on the new rules which just went into effect in some cities, requiring that the gass be more purified than it was.

Of course, what they don't tell you is that they'd been working on just that for the last FIVE years, and could easily have factored in the "upgrade" cost during those years. In fact, they almost certainly DID.

Price gouging.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the new "enviromentally-safe" gas was only supposed to raise gas prices by 2�! So they're BSing you about that.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya, Michigan is going to be going up another 20-30 cents in the next week because of the disaster in Jackson, MI. I've even heard of the possibility of gas rationing. What decade is this again?

---------------------------

I think the gas companies are raising the prices because they can. They realize the demand curve is almost flat, so whereever they set the price, the gas will still be bought. It's like cigarettes. Cigs are still being sold, if not as much as ten years ago, then more so. Gas prices are the same way (if not, more profitable.) You have to buy the gas, whether the price is $1.00/gal or $2.00/gal. Complain all you want, you'll still pay them, and that's what they want. As for the price gouging thing, unfortunately there aren't any laws in Michigan, and probably not in many states. If you would like to see a change, contact your local congressman (God, I think I'm sick of saying that. I have to say that to every gas complainer we get. It's getting really redundant)

------------------
Look at the past few years:
Jimmy Carter: Who we kidding, Valium Posterchild. We go to:
Ronald Reagan, Howdy Doody Sr. If it keeps getting benign, we might end up with:
Mr. Rogers, "Can you say Armageddon? Oops, too late." Or we can get macho and have:
Jack Nicholson vs. Clint Eastwood, Shortest debate in history, all Jack will have to say is "How can you debate me, you haven't opened your goddammed eyes in twenty years."

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps