Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I just sent in my application... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I just sent in my application...
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I do get razed for a few misstatements I've made, and some that I haven't but could make. If done in small doses it should remain funny, not often or it would lose its humor.

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega,

Two things.

One -- good for you! I hope you get the job. Luck'll tell, but a bribe is always a good idea ...

Two -- Is this the flameboard? NO. If you want to start screaming at me over a quote G.W. Bush said (during one of the debates, wasn't it?), then either EMAIL me, or take it to the flameboard. Now, how about we move the discussion to the flameboard before Sol has to intervene, okay?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it is - I'm not sure 80 percent of the people get the death tax. I know this: 100 percent will get it if I'm the president." - George W. Bush

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited December 24, 2000).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And let's not forget that I am CRAZED with holiday spirit and craziness at the moment. Unpredictable like a fox on the space shuttle.

------------------
I have been floated to this spot this hour
On a series of events
I cannot explain
--
Olivia Tremor Control
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Read, read, read, read, read me now.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So that's where Monty disappeared to...

:-)

------------------
8164 7644 8724 6991+360 8164 8724 6541 8164 7239

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, surprise, surprise, surprise. I just got a call from the branch manager. She said that the lady downtown had just faxed her my application. Apparently, I got lost in the system. It's a good thing I e-mailed her to ensure that my application wasn't thrown out arbitrarily after the stated six month guarentee of it being kept in the system. I have an interview tomorrow at two o'clock. Patience is a virtue...

------------------
"How do you define fool?"
"I don't attempt it. I wait for demonstrations. They inevitably surpass my imagination."
- CJ Cherryh, Invader

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At this rate, you might actually be working by October.

------------------
OH NO< THE OLD MAN WALKS HIS GREEN DOG THAT SHOTS PINBALLS!~!!!
--
Jeff K
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and nothing at all will happen.

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck with the interview. Just stay calm and expand on every question they ask you. As long as you don't talk about the Bible

------------------
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"
Samuel Adams

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
expand on every question they ask you.

But not too much, mind, or you'll suffocate them in that tiny room where the interview'll be held.

Good luck - I'm job-hunting as well.

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! Good luck man! Now that's a job I wish I can have!

------------------
"I don't mind being called a liar when I'm lying, or am about to lie, or have just finished lying, but NOT WHEN I'M TELLING THE TRUTH!"--Homer Simpson.

IP: Logged
Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the interview went well. Turns out that this position was just created, and that's why it's open. This library should have five pages, and only had three. The fourth was just authorized by the HR department, but they have yet to fill it. They held the interviews last week, but thanks to some timely e-mails to the Director of Human Resources, my application got faxed to the branch where it should have been all along, apparently with a DIRECTIVE to interview me. Seemingly, I did well on the test. Meaning I can read. Go figure.

Anyway, she seemed decently impressed. When asked what I thought the sum of the job was, I said that I was basically to do small tasks so as to save the time of more qualified persons. She liked that. She also liked my answer to the question about what I'd do if I was scheduled to come in to work tomorrow, and was offered some tickets to [insert event here]. I said I'd take the tickets and sell them on eBay, then come to work.

------------------
"How do you define fool?"
"I don't attempt it. I wait for demonstrations. They inevitably surpass my imagination."
- CJ Cherryh, Invader

[This message has been edited by Omega (edited May 23, 2001).]

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah ha! Some useful interview tips - cheers!

Omega - hope you get the job! From the sound of it you probably have, what with those cool, smart answers.

So that's why all the lad bothered to go to the library - to look at the arses and legs (and no doubt other parts) of the girls. And I just thought that you went to the library to look at books - mmm, some changes are in order for my next visit to the library!

[This message has been edited by akb1979 (edited May 23, 2001).]

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Omega. I just got out of my library job when the semester ended. What a relief.

------------------
"I was as dead as a lesbian black chick at a republican fundraiser."
--Burns Flipper, The Longest Journey

Omega
Member # 91

By my inactivity in this thread, I'm sure you can tell I didn't get the job. Well, the nifty little thing is that out of those four positions they had filled, three of the workers left at the end of the summer. So I had another interview today. Same questions, same answers, though a little snappier this time. I also seem to have made a good impression on one librarian during my frequent visits to pick up books, 'cause she put in a good word for me. They actually gave me a tour of the back room, so it sounds like I did pretty well. They process the paperwork, and send it all downtown. Then a background check is done, and if they like me, I get a call from the branch some time late next week offering me the job. Then I call downtown and accept it. I go up and sign papers at some point. If all goes well, I may have a job in about three weeks. Oh, and they seem to have raised the salary to $7.47 an hour. Not bad money.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kewl.

You got it, trust me. When they start giving you the fixings about the back room and stuff, your probability rate has risen to about 90%.

Congrats. Better late than never.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*wonders if the background check should include perusing a complete anthology of Omega's Flare posts*

Good luck, BTW.

[ August 28, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps