Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Different Kevin Smith Dead. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Different Kevin Smith Dead.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid its true.

[ February 16, 2002, 08:09: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks at article*

Never heard of him.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Whew* I thought you meant the writer/director/actor Kevin Smith of Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back... (Smith is Silent Bob).

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet you think you're the ace.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm........why was he so important to you, Snay?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HaHa! Similar name to the famed writer of such Movies as Dogma, and of such Comics as Daredevil!

Haha!

Let us trick the unsuspectig while belittling the death or another Kevin Smith.

HaHa!

See, the realKevin Smith is not dead. Just this other guy.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Kevin Smith played Ares, IIRC, in all those Xena/Hercules series.

RIP.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck, that's a bummer. But I gotta admit I'm relieved it's not the Kevin Smith I thought you meant. I mean, fuck, don't DO that to us, Jeff!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll drink to this Smith. He gave the goatee a nice comeback to villainhood.

Isn't Daredevil Frank Miller?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kevin Smith is currently writing Green Arrow, not Dare Devil.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? I was a passing fan of Hercules (it aired before DS9).

quote:
Let us trick the unsuspectig while belittling the death or another Kevin Smith.
You're an idiot. And don't you mean 'of'?

quote:
See, the realKevin Smith is not dead. Just this other guy.
How is this guy *not* the "real" Kevin Smith?

You imply cruelty where none exists.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Condolences to his family and friends. RIP

But really, it's not a very important piece of news. That's like if someone who played any of the unknown redshirts in TOS had died.

Sorry, just IMHO.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Member # 239

I'm not a idiot. That was a little harsh. And slightly mean. I don't think. Don't get all turnip smarmy.

I merely thought you were using an unfortunate event of one person with a similar name to a much more famous and cultly revered person (not that the former wasn't a member of a show with a cult following) to trick the fans of the latter.

Only after I read, and thought about the article, and read your replies, I realized that, hey, you were serious.

And I do mean of. This keyboard is very, very wonky at times.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, I could've titled the thread "Kevin Smith (no, not that one) Died", but then people would think the one who hadn't died might be my neighbor (who, incidently, is named Kevin Smith). Frankly, anything with "Kevin Smith died" in the title is going to evoke the image of Silent Bob. Even "Kevin Smith from Hercules Dies!", people would've said "when did Kevin Smith who we know and love as Silent Bob do Hercules? Wow, I guess I missed that."

quote:
I'm not a idiot. That was a little harsh.
Well it was just a little "harsh" when you said I was belittling one man's death to make people think another had died. Kevin Smith (dead) looks a lot cooler then Kevin Smith (alive), and would've made a cool bad-guy in whatever movie he was doing with Willis.

[ February 16, 2002, 07:55: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Member # 239

Well, maybe not belittleingism, but rather tricking, as you seem to have known that the 99.1337% of people around here who aren't watchers of Zena, would have responded in this manner.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps