Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Different Kevin Smith Dead. (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Different Kevin Smith Dead.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would point out that the "Xena" musical was nothing but an episode of the show in which they did an inordinate amount of singing. It's not like it played on Broadway, or something.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for clearing that up.

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's like the Buffy musical, except everyone can sing.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except Renee O'Connor, who was dubbed.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish someone had dubbed James Marsten, in "once More With Feeling", he gets an A for effort, but his voice would curdle milk.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It can't be hard singing and putting on an extremely convincing accent at the same time. Lord knows it took the Simpsons cast a few years to get it right.

Creator owned comic characters might hold the record for longest run by one writer. If it's a company character, Peter David's run on the Hulk was over 10 years, wasn't it?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee: Callisto (whatever her real name was) was dubbed too (I have the soundtrack). I meant in general, people can sing. Whereas in Buffy pretty much only Tara and Giles can sing. Even then, a friend of mine who's a musical recording major said Tara didn't sound like she did in real life (she'd seen the 50th anniversary of Rocky Horror on stage, and Giles and Tara were in it). Her and Buffy's (and probably some other people's) voices were enhanced by filters.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ned: MMMM-I can sing on broadway.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nim, why don't you respond to ICQ any more ?

Oh, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was a really bad movie, although the cool cameos and Clerks related stuff were pretty rockin'

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Peter David was on the Hulk for a little over a decade.

Roy Thomas wrote near toxic amounts of Conan the Barbarian stories. Enough to fill a small galaxy.
I think he lasted nearly two hundred issues.

Chris Claremont had the longest run on a company title I've ever heard of: 17+ years on the Uncanny X-men. Also, it was amusing that he dedicated his first book to the x-men. That's gotta be some kind of first.

I think Dave Sims holds the record for the longest running independantly owned comic, with 277 or so issues of Cerebus so far. This title is dependant on the fact that Cerebus comes out on a regular basis, unlike some other "older" books, which are as infrequent as a mathematical palindrome. (Pop culture buzzword addiction took me for a second there, sorry.)

Japanese comics probably have some truly mad runs, but except for Masamune Shirow and the guys who did Lone Wolf and Cub, I don't know that much about them.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, I try to be up when I get time. Hardly anyone else is online when I am, strangely enough.
We missed eachother a couple of times, I know. Weekends are the best bet, and soon I've gotten Gamespy up as well (and CS, in effect).

Going with Gamespy 3d though, not Arcade.
Even with 1600MHz and a T1-line those damn Arcade server-lists drag on and on. They say it's because of the amount of non-dedicated servers exchanging info with the network.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps