Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » WTC/11 September victim list (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: WTC/11 September victim list
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I loved most about "Thin Red Line" was the melanesian choires ("God Yu Takem Laef Blong Mi", pity it's so short).
This of course can't be credited to Zimmer other than good taste/choice in incorporating it.

[ February 22, 2002, 03:40: Message edited by: G.K Nimrod ]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as Zimmer's work goes, I think he did an outstanding job with the score for The Rock. No, seriously.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where the hell did all this come from? That's the most complete and abrupt change in conversation I've ever seen. It's almost like someone posted in the wrong thread, and everyone else just went w/ it...
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, you of all people should know this happens in most of the other threads as well. And even this might change the topic all over again.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So how about trees, eh? They're all tall and stuff.
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Except when they're short.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or chopped down. Sad, that.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And now, "The Larch".

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I first saw this on Wednesday night I was outraged! I was going to post a reply that basically was very nasty and stating my disgust and utter contempt at such an idea.

I decided not to click "Add Reply", for fear that what I had typed in anger would cause me to be banned from Flare.

Shik - I really hope that you don't go naming fictional ships after those poor people, it would be so wrong and immoral.

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And now, "The Larch".

Oh yeah, this too.

[ February 22, 2002, 12:04: Message edited by: Ultra Magnus ]

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, wait, it's immoral to name something after a person who died in a tragedy? You people do know what the word MEMORIAL is, right?

Has anyone ever seen loved ones being outraged because someone wishes to name something in honor of their lost one?

[ February 22, 2002, 13:05: Message edited by: The359 ]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, heck. Let's not name anything after any innocent victims. Let's tear down the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial. Let's bomb the Concentration Camps sites in Germany and blast the Holocaust Museums out of existence. Let's forget about the people of the Titanic, and to hell with anything about Apollo 1 and Challenger. After all, it's "immoral," "reprensible," "wrong," "dishonorable," and "trivializing the victims" to do monuments, tributes, and memorial namings.

Really, guys, if you're going to stand on "morality" and "ethics" to defend your position, please make sure to post your logical deductions, arguments, and conclusions. Or at least have a grasp of the words you are using.

Now, back to film music. I think the score to Mr. Holland's Opus could have been better. The focus of the movie was Mr. Holland's symphony, and all we got a three minute little thing. Even in the classical period, symphonies lasted at least half an hour. The composer should have beefed that up.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, we have to destroy everything that was named after Abraham Lincoln... he was murdered, after all.

And all those schools named after JFK and RFK and MLK, and the JFK aircraft carrier (somebody already did that one)

oh, and Megan's Law!

[ February 23, 2002, 05:35: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post 
The wound is fresh. The nerves are raw. There is pain and anger.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But the ships are going to be named in the 23rd or 24th centuries. By then the wounds will ~(at least in Trek) have healed. I do not see how it is dishonourable to name ships after people who have died in tragedies such as this just because it isn't that long since it happened. Also it shows that people at this time still remember; the ships do not have to be warships, this is Starfleet.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps