Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Drool over Snay's Jeep :) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Drool over Snay's Jeep :)
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kosh,

To counter that problem, I'm going to get 12" wide wheels and tires. If needs be, I can go a lot wider then that (guy up here has 16" wide 33"s).

Now, I don't mean to say I'm going to take turns any faster (because I go easy on them now), but rather to make the Jeep less likely to tip under any circumstances.

Daryus:

Yeah, I gotta replace a bent axle so I'm probably going to have the whole suspension redone. That is going to have to wait until the Jeep is paid off, however ...

I'm going to do some minor stuff this summer. Install the fog and off-road lights, the push bar, and a CB (which means I've got to put in either a new console or one of those nifty "overhead" consoles to house that equipment). Tow hooks, too.

[ March 12, 2002, 07:45: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw man, now I want a Jeep too. [Frown]

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buy one! You don't have to get a new one, Jeeps run literally forever. A friend of mine just bought a '77 CJ.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may want to think about an alarm system, with that soft top.

A friend of mine lost a duffel bag full of martial arts weapons, and a book that can't be replaced. Thieves cut through the top. His wasn't a Jeep, but same idea.

The wider wheels will help make it more stable, but watch the gas gauge drop like a rock. There is always a trade off. I love four wheel drives, but the milage killed me. I had a chevy pickup with a 350, talk about sucking gas.

I have a house to sell, from where my aunt died three years ago, then Mom recently, so I now find myself with more money then Ive ever had. So far, I've refeained from buying anything big or costly, but when I sell the house, it may be time for that first new car. Jeep will get a look, if I go looking.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kosh...not to be a vulture or anything...but I could use a loan like mad, yo. Not a lot....maybe like $1200.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Had an alarm -- it didn't help, I've had two break-ins. First time, they broke the lock in the center console but didn't take anything (altho they did make a mess). Second time, they ripped out the factory stereo, but aside for prying off the front console face, they didn't do any damage requiring expensive repair (thankfully!)

So, my current answer is to never leave anything valuable in it. Good plan for any vehicle.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Mom has since died, but I have come to apreciate the gas mileage.
I like and respect Ed a great deal, and I'm truly sorry for his loss. So unfortunately this can't become my new signature.

This is a Honda Civic, right? The hatchback or saloon version? I can't keep track of all the different versions. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could also be the CRX model, but I suspect he would have said so if that were the case.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there is the Civic Coupe, Civic Sedan, Civic CRX (Hatchback), Civic del Sol (2seater), and Civic Wagon.

And then of course there is the Honda Insight, which is the hybrid-engined Civic Coupe, and the Civic Hybrid Sedan.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, I couldn't recall whether the Del Sol was considered a Civic, or not. But CRX != Civic hatchback. Granted, the CRX is a Civic, and it is a hatchback, but there's also the just-plain Civic hatchback. Or is that what you were calling a wagon?
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Civic CRX was the Civic Hatchback until they ended production. Now they have a ergular Civic Hatchback to replace it. Basically just a rename.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

Aha, here you go Snay. 2002 Jeep Compass concept confirmed for production in the 2004 model year.

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of that 80's car sci-fi movie where a lot of stuff got blown up and there were rocket launchers and bikes and great explosions.

I think I need to narrow it down a bit...

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

That's the "concept" Wrangler? Or just another vehicle they're bringing out to expand the line?

It's ugly, either way.

Oh, and look for more pictures (including the bumper stickers) tomorrow or Friday. Pics with top down and doors off will be awhile ... (sorry!)

[ March 13, 2002, 13:01: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was called "Megaforce," Nim.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps