Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Drool over Snay's Jeep :) (Page 6)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Drool over Snay's Jeep :)
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do cars these days always look like they're made of plastic?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually because they are. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old Man Timothy strikes again...

Just let me be clear here. Seiggy's a constipated angry man who has similarities to the Narrator from Fight Club? Gotcha.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! That concept Wrangler has the front bumper of the 2001 Hummer concept!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got a comparison picture ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Flower Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check it out. heh heh heh. I'm gonna piss off Snay by saying one, evil sentance. Even though I don't mean it, it will still tick him off. Ready?

Ford Explorers are better than jeeps!!!!

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MIB, you may think you're funny, but you're not.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Flower Man
Ex-Member

huh?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Don't play stupid, MIB.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Flower Man
Ex-Member

It just a joke, man. [Confused] Anywho. I'm gonna go take a shower. In all honesty that last jeep pic on page 5 was very nice. If I had the cash, I would get a jeep like that. [Smile]
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Wasn't very funny.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually it was the later, canary-yellow Hummer-concept I was referring to.

I couldn't get the pic as the greedy guys at supercars.net has started billing people for looking at their pictures, the prissy bastards.

Anyhow, the yellow concept Hummer has a big, matte-metallic, plastic-looking bumper looking like the one that Jeep had.
Granted, it isn't the exact one as that jeep, it would be about two feet too wide. :-)

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
General Motors (owners of the Hummer nameplate) are being sued by DaimlerChrysler (owners of the Jeep nameplate) over the Hummer H2 grill. As you can clearly see, the Hummer H2 (that is the H2 prototype in that picture, the "yellow" one isn't any different at all) has a large grill with 7 slots. All Jeeps, since their creation, have had a 7-slot grill. DaimlerChrysler claims this is a trademark and have been attempting to get General Motors to change the grill around for copyright infringement.

A judge recently threw out DaimlerChrysler's injunction on General Motors to delay the sale of the H2. The case is still ongoing though.

DaimlerChrysler also sued Korean automaker Daewoo last year over the design of their latest offroad vehicle (I forget it's name), which was nearly identical to a Jeep Wrangler (even down to the 7-slot grill). DaimlerChrysler won that battle, and the Daewoo "Jeep" was forced to be redesigned drastically before it could be sold. No, it's not sold in America, it's only sold in Asia.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Click on the photo of the rear for an enlarged version, ok?

And also, just for fun ... this is a picture of Callie, my new kitten.

Callie v Guy

Can you find that CAT?First!of Three

Second!

Final!

Coming Soon: Photos with Top Down and Doors Off and The359 Screaming "UNSAFE!" in the Background!

[ March 15, 2002, 12:29: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I wonder when someone will sue over copying the concept of having two windshield-wipers. Or one spare tire. Or four wheels.

BTW, got enough stickers there, Jeff?

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps