Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I've just seen the most beautiful woman I've ever set eyes upon. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I've just seen the most beautiful woman I've ever set eyes upon.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a Frank Black show in San Jose. She was tall. I like tall. She's a brunette and exceptionally sultry. I think something in me broke. I went up to try to talk to her while she was buying a drink, and like froze. She was not just tall, but really tall. No I mean like six feet three inches tall. Did I mention: drop dead gorgeous? Like a model, but smart enough to like Frank Black. Could not speak. Near the end of the show I summoned all my courage to try to get her a drink. I talked her into a water. When I came back from the bar, I handed it to her. She thanked me and smiled. Her smile destroyed me. I was a broken little boy. I ran away. I am such a coward. I panicked. I had no idea women this beautiful even existed until I saw her. I want to cry now. I'm in the process of running a personal ad in the Crossed Signals section of the paper. It hurts.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch. Bummer.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same thing, except with a girl at work. She sometimes wears brown lenses and I die everytime I see her. I managed to give her a compliment aboot that today, at least.
Gave me an endorphin kick, the brain rewards you for lokking upon a beautiful face. Has to be up front, tho, doesn't work in profile.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you just say aboot?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm. Aboot. *Ponders*

BX: I suppose you could do some kidnapping, and hope that Stockholm Syndrome kicks in.

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Supreme Chancellor Ultra von Magnus:
Hm. Aboot. *Ponders*

BX: I suppose you could do some kidnapping, and hope that Stockholm Syndrome kicks in.

Hmm... Why can't you people just ask like normal folks? [Roll Eyes] "Hey, can I buy you a drink?" works so much better than "come with me if you want to live." [Big Grin]

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt: He also said "lokking". Almost makes the post look like it's evolving into some sort of mock-Dutch...

Balaam: You ran away? As in, you actually turned tail and fled at high velocity? That must have seemed... odd...

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I recall, "Come with me if you want to live" worked quite well for Kyle Reese...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but look what Kyle Reese got out of it. Death and an annoying brat son.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, yeah, women, etc.

Frank Black rocks!

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: Frank Black does indeed rock. The Usual is a comparatively small venue (though, not as small as the High-School Multi-Use Room I saw him at last year) He put on a very excellent show, and in a way, I wish I hadn't been so distracted.

UM: It wasn't like that. It wasn't like she gave me a boner that wouldn't go away and I needed to possess her and do horrible wonderful things to her magnificent and enormous body. It was like a lightning bolt and I needed to do something, anything, but couldn't. Deer in the headlights.

David: Great advice, unless of course, your body goes into instant paralysis/convulsions and feel as though your tongue is approximately the size of a cantelope. I couldn't have said "Come with me if you want to live", if I'd wanted to. Brain-locked. It was bad.

TSN: Not quite a sprint, kind of a "Verbal" hobbling shuffle. Frank was playing the last song of his set (something I'd never heard before). I was going to try to talk to her again after, but chickened out because she was obviously busy talking to another (tiny tiny) man. You see, when he played Where Is My Mind? I could have been cool. I was in my movie. I was smooth. I was in control and could have talked intelligently on any number of subjects. Alas, she was out smoking (gack!) for the duration of that song. (Who can stay outside smoking when the lead singer of the Pixies is doing a spellbinding rendition of a death-rock classic?) Anyway, as described above, it was trainwreck city when I tried to summon that same cool one song later.

I should mention that this isn't the sort of thing that happens to me. I'm usually very calm cool and collected. I used to play bari-sax in a local art-rock band and go out onto a stage a couple nights a week and no problems like this ever. Last night was just panic. I could actually feel my kidneys straining as the adrenal content of my bloodstream set my nervous system on fire. Cool wasn't even within the realm of possibility. Bizzare.

Incidentally, here's my pathetic attempt to recoup the moment as submitted to the SJ Metro Crossed Signals personal ads:

• Frank Black FanThe Usual. I've never set eyes upon a beauty to rival yours. Bought you water but was too transfixed to speak. Perhaps a different setting?
I'm not optimistic about the outcome, but she is quite literally the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I have to do something now that I have somewhat recovered (body is still on high alert and I've been TOTALLY distracted all day.) I want to scream. I want to dedicate Gigantic to her from now until forever. I want to at least know her name. Pathetic, I know.

[ March 15, 2002, 15:29: Message edited by: Balaam Xumucane ]

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know all about this paralysis thing. It gets really annoying. Being shy around the fairer sex sucks balls.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being shy around the fairer sex sucks balls.

My God. Nothing anyone can respond to this can do this justice. Moses is envious of the opening this has created.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Being shy around the fairer sex sucks balls."

Or results in the distinct lack thereof...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last couple of posts: LOL!

BX: she smokes... ewwwwww!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps