Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Hidy (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Hidy
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
All I say is hello and the next thing I know I'm in the middle of an impromptu size debate.
This is actually par for the course around here. Check out the "Nevermind" thread a little lower in this forum. That's a pretty good example of us at our best when we aren't debating the Defiant's size or any other number of recurring Treknology debates that never seem to be settled.

Oh, and since I forgot earlier, welcome to Flare. [Smile]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, HH. I believe you've probably seen some of my postings at the trekrpg forums, too.

You have now entered Wonderland. Please check your reason at the door, and remember to don your space-shuttle-tile uniform before entering the Flameboard. The owls are not what they seem. The man in the jeep is evil. We wonk that there is no dog. No one here is exactly what he or she appears to be. Elvis has left the building. Do not fold, spindle, or mutilate. Stay off the man train. Smile, or else.

And you thought Styro was off-kilter.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is what that pile of stuff is by the door..... I am glad it isn't what I thought.....
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

All I say is hello and the next thing I know I'm in the middle of an impromptu size debate.

And strangly, no one has mentioned Simon.

Either Simon or the Defiant is 170 meters, but I've forgotten which is which.

(god I hope Frank sees this)

Welcome Hoss!

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Assassin Welcomes You.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the madhouse.

Another piece of advice: Do NOT, under any circumstances mention the words deer and Snay in the same sentance. It HURTs. Also don't mention the age of the Akira class...

Good luck

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You just did.

*SMACK!*

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello! Wilkommen! Bienvenue! Come on in!

Don't worry, we don't bite.

Not too hard, anyways...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only threads that seem to stay, even somewhat on track, are in the Forum Competition's area..... and that is iffy.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be due to the marvelous moderatorship of that forum.

Not to take away from this tearful greating, but haven't we gotten to the point where we can cut & paste the hilarious greatings that happen each and every time, eh?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

mmmm, you could add it to the FAQ.....
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Editted to include lots of gratuitous name-dropping!

{New Poster}, don't listen to {Bitter Cranky Poster}. He's just upset that {he doesn't get the respect he deserves/ a house landed on his sister/ he's a bitter and cranky old man}. It would be best to just ignore {Bitter Cranky Poster}. It would also be best if you just ignore {First of Two/ Omega/ Jeff Kardde/ Jay the Obscure/ Dukhat/ Mark Nguyen/ The_Tom/ TSN/ FrankG/ Nimrod/ Tahna Los/ Fabrux/ The359} because he's a(n) {right-wing reactionary loon/ left-wing radical hippie/ indecisive fence-sitter/ no-real-life Trek geek/ delusional Star Wars freak/ Braga's anal playmate/ old lady teaching seventh grade math}.

While you're at it, it'd be best to also ignore {PsyLiam/ Vogon Poet/ Ultra Magnus/ CaptainMike} because he's a sarcastic old fogey but apparently gets lots of woman love. Beware of Sol System for he has {a very big appendage capable of destroying the Western US seaboard/ mad mod skillz}. And, you better ignore Siegfried because he'll steal your {mother/ daughter/ sister/ grandmother/ girlfriend/ father/ son/ brother/ grandfather/ boyfriend/ best fried/ pet} and make sweet love to {him/ her/ it}.

There are many more people to be weary of as well. {OnToMars/ Ritten} have connections to the military and can probably make a tip arrive for the FBI about the kilo of weapons-grade plutonium that mysteriously appeared under your bed. Mighty Monkey of Mim obsesses over {The Animated Series/ Mike Okuda/ starship lists} while you can count on cool stuff in the Design, Artwork, and Creativity forum thanks to {The Red Admiral/ Yakaspat the Trekker/ Lobo/ Reverend}. And, since Flare is something of a clique, undoubtedly {Dat/ Harry/ MinutiaeMan/ Veers/ Aban Rune/ Alshrim/ Kosh/ Nightwing/ AndrewR} will be pissed that I did not include them. Ryan McReynolds deserves special mention since I owe him {a cup of coffee/ fifty dollars/ my first-born son} and haven't delivered yet.

If you want to fill a token character or personality here, you're out of luck because {sex stud/ always sexxing/ master of sex} is taken by Shik while {hates all men/ castrates all men/ picture tease} is taken by LOA. Did we already mention that {Siegfried/ Michael_T} is {incredibly horny/ gay/ a McDonald's freak/ a Dr Pepper fan}? Well, it's {true/ all lies}!

Anyway, welcome to {Flare/ the Madhouse/ the Land that God forgot/ the Insane Asylum}. Don't feed the {Curry Gods/ Turnips/ Sheep/ Goats/ Defiant-length threads}. And, for god's sake, don't bring up the touchy subjects of {Starfleet Communications Relay/ Darkstar/ MIB-FlowerMan}.

And may {God/ Allah/ Yahweh/ Jehovah/ Goddess/ Jebidiah/ George W. Bush/ Charles Capps/ Eminem} have mercy on your soul.

[ April 09, 2002, 21:37: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

LOL, that is about right..... although you left me out, I didn't get a mention......

Oh, the hell with it....... [Wink]

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Flare, Highway Hoss! Hope you do not run away screaming when you find out how some of these people act.

Oh, and two other things not to mention in the Tech Forum--the registry of the USS Yamato and that little thing from the Spacedock in Star Trek III. *Whew*, are those threads loooonnnnng. [Wink]

--------------------
Meh

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps