Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Ze thread about me legal and girl problems, among others (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Ze thread about me legal and girl problems, among others
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone. According to AutoComplete, this is the first thread I've ever started that began with the letter 'Z'

Life is complicated.

I had to call the public defender's office today and find out that I don't qualify to have a lawyer appointed for me, and have to pay for one to defend myself against my charges on my upcoming court date for when I got arrested. Nobody I've talked to seems to think there's any possibility of me going to jail for possession of what I had, but I still would like to have it dealt with in a manner that is the least damaging to my life, like a conditional dismissal, probation and if that stuff isnt enough, some combination of fines, counseling, comm. service or a suspended sentence. I'm hoping this doesnt wreck me financially, or cost me my job, because I wouldnt know how to continue, unless i put my stuff in storage and took a long break at the local funny farm. Which sounds really tempting right now.

Anyone know any good cheap lawyers in RI?

Other than that, things are going well... Michelle and I have been going out for two weeks today, but she is suddenly going on a trip to New Hampshire and not coming back until Sunday.. since this is the first really involved relationship I've had since I was 17, and the closest I've probably ever been to a girl, things feel alright right now, since she is really supportive. I'm going to miss having her around for the next 5 days or so, but she wants me to call her cellphone to keep in touch and try the long distance thing for a little while.

Asia has been MIA for the better part of a week, which sucks since the more time we spend apart, the harder it is going to be to clarify exactly what is going on between us.. ive only talked to her once since we got arrested, when she got discharged from the ward and placed back in the home she was staying at. so basically, I have to explain to her that I started seeing someone else while she was away, but im kind of waiting because she is probably fragile with everything in her life and I dont want to turn her world upside down if she was counting on us being together. When I saw her, things were wierd. Orion slave girl routine again.

I was really unsure until recently if I was actually gonig to commit myself to something with either of them, but looking at my actions this week its kind of clear the Michelle and I are staying together, since I have turned down dates with a few other girls. Subconciously I think, because I feel attached to Michelle. And they are all coming out of the woodwork! Nikki, Jenn, Jen and Kate have all called me up recently with the 'hey its been forever since we went out' thing, which is wierd because things ended badly with all of them before they even started. Nikki is a friend of a girl I used to like two years ago but I never noticed, because I was trying for her friend. Jenn is the girl from when I was in HS who is back from college and the one I had to say no to because I wasnt sure I wanted to go as far as she wanted to. Jen is the girl who I hung out with at school last year, and basically was my clsest friend for months of causing trouble around town when I was recovering from my drug problem, and ended up fighting with because she didnt like me like I liked her, but now she wants to visit with me and stuff bacause she is probably lonely because of the way she treats people (like shit, specifically). it would be exciting to hook up with her because of all she meant to me, but I think I won't because of Michelle. Kate is a girl I met at a concert and had a long online relationship with due to matters of the inconvenience of us actually getting to see each other. She disappeared for a few months and then popped back online and wants to pick up where we left off.

So confusing.. I find taking naps really helps.

Now, its time to make fun of me until the thread gets closed! Or you could try to discuss this with me and be supportive. Oh well, it could happen...

[ July 03, 2002, 09:01: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I'm sure everyone here will have loads of advice to give, based on their own experiences of having too many girls wanting to go out with them and being able to choose. . .

Which reminds me, I never got round to listing all the unusual places I've had sex before that other thread got closed. . . (in order of coolness)

5. In a tent.
4. On a beach.
3. In a hotel swimming pool.
2. At a party at my brother's house, in his bed (he walked in halfway through).
1. On the premises of a company I worked at, in the computer training room. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for flaunting your sexual prowless to those of us who can't have that, Vogon [Wink]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't have sexual prowless?

Good luck with everything, C. Mike. Many a friend of mine has been arrested over the years, and none of them have had to go to prison. And I live in Texas. I think you'll be fine.

At the most you'll just have to work two jobs for a while to pay for the lawyer, and you'll possibly get probation. Probation isn't that bad, and a good lawyer can get you out of it.

As for the women...well...good luck, I guess. Wear a rubber, and all of that.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depending on what you had on you at the time, you'll probably get probation. I was arrested once, with less than 14 grams of pot, and got probation. If you have more tan 14 grams, it becomes "Intent to deliver". I had a somewhat expensive lawyer. He only charged me $2000, since it was a misdemeaner. That was 1990.

[Cool]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why, Ed, you rebel, you. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one here who isn't crooked? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

The Real Folk Blues
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Am I the only one here who isn't crooked?
i was going to say "you're the most crooked of us all", but only because i didn't have my glasses on and i thought you were BWC [Big Grin] .
IP: Logged
Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
Am I the only one here who isn't crooked? [Roll Eyes]

That depends on your definition of crooked.

If you define crooked as being in possession of drugs then no, you are not the only one here who is not crooked.

If you define crooked as being arrested for possession of drugs then no, you are not the only one here who is not crooked.

If you define crooked as pursuing an "involved" relationship with one woman, leading on another woman, all while keeping yet more women on the side as options then no, you are not the only one here who is not crooked.

If you define crooked as embodying the worst male stereotypes then no, you are not the only one here who is not crooked.

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hm. well im looking at a problem because i dont think ill have the money to pay a somewhat expensive lawyer.. and what i had on me was a felony.. and i dont even have as much as you did in 1990 saved up available to spend... maybe if i cash in my vacation time at work... shit

yeah the girls thing is wierd.. i must point out that, in many ways im not the girl mad gigolo i seem to have started to become.. i am still puzzled by the interest in me, since six months ago i was apparently more untouchable than a plague victim to all but one or two, of the female sex, whom i declined to be involved with.. my status line name should read "(bold)Project V(/bold): Virginity".... (which i have decided to maintain from completion, because of all the frightening factors involved)

BTW RawCadet, is that some sort of crack on me or are you just generalizing? hmm...

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Real Folk Blues:
quote:
Am I the only one here who isn't crooked?
i was going to say "you're the most crooked of us all", but only because i didn't have my glasses on and i thought you were BWC [Big Grin] .
[Eek!] I will never stoop so low as to be Boring Wussy Cunt or like him. [Big Grin]

Oh, yeah. It's nice to know there are other people here who are not crooked (and i'm talking about all the definitions of "crooked" as given by Raw Cadet.

[ July 04, 2002, 00:09: Message edited by: Dat ]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, fun, flaming people out of the blue! Only, like, it isn't and stuff.

Dat, there are plenty of other forums available for your perusal. Some of them about Star Wars and stuff! I suggest you visit them. I refrain from closing this thread only out of respect to our wild and woolly Cap'n Mike, and Thomas Paine.

Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
BTW RawCadet, is that some sort of crack on me or are you just generalizing? hmm...

Is that a pun?

To answer your question, yes and no. Dat was vague to begin with, so I cannot even be sure his post is meant to be taken seriously. However, I responded based on the assumption his post is, indeed, meant to be taken seriously, and in order to answer the question his post posed I had to interpret what he meant by "crooked." Therefore, I summarised the behaviors in your original post that could be considered "crooked" in the four pithy paragraphs above. Speaking for myself, I answered the questions posed by my paragraphs and thus responded to Dat's inquiry. If, indeed, he believes the situations you describe in your original post to be "crooked," and was implying in his original post that he was not crooked (and had not been caught in any similar situations), then I have answered his question by stating I have also not been involved in any situations similar to yours.

Mind you, my first two (multi-lined) paragraphs are not neccessarily "cracks," as I find many things much more "crooked" than (occasional, recreational) drug use (although I, personally, just say no; but as CaptainMike said himself in another thread, to each his own). (Of course, since said drug use is illegal, I am not going to cry a river for anyone arrested for it; "don't do the crime . . . . ") If any crack is to be found in my post it would be in the last two paragraphs. I must admit that frankly, I have been finding your constant reminders that supposedly half the female population desires to be conquered by you little more than a lame attempt to let us know how big your dick is (thank you Dr. Freud). However, upon further examination, I can see how your "girl problems" could be a real conundrum. And, since you say you are not sleeping around on all of them with the rest of them, I suppose you are not doing anything terribly "crooked" (by my standards, anyway). In fact, I think "playing the field" (not physically, of course) is perfectly acceptable, until one finds a person they want to be serious about. If you are serious about Michelle, though, I think it would be best to lose the other girls (hey, you asked for my/our opinion, I think).

Tired yet?

[ July 04, 2002, 00:44: Message edited by: Raw Cadet ]

capped
Member # 709

hey, whatever, man. if you dont like it, dont post in my thread. i dont like your attitude towards my problem. im not trying to brag to you guys, im trying to make sense of what i should do about these new and unfamiliar situations. emphasis on 'new and unfamiliar'.. if you have some mad-on towards members of the board who get more woman-love than you do, direct it towards those who have actually gotten some, or more appropriately, those that publish lists of places and people theyve fornicated with. i have only become physically involved with two of these girls, and those two in passing only, for, as i noted, while i am fully functional, i have yet to be prgrammed in a variety of techniques. or even one. so stow your presupposed attitude that im some kind of double dealing don juan. im a geek who suddenly has a lot more options and things to be concerned about than he did a month ago.

go design a starship or something, kid. ya bother me.

Raw Cadet
Member # 725

Is your post from 12:44 a.m. (PSD) directed at me? It certainly seems to be, at least to me, but I ask because I do not see how any of my words would engender such an angry response. If you are, indeed, posting to me, I may respond eventually (though you would probably prefer I do not). However, it is late where I am, and I have to work tomorrow. Today. Un-American, is it not? So, I will not be able to defend myself from the inevitable onslaught of "regulars" who will see fit to flame me until tomorrow night. Or tonight, I guess.

[ July 04, 2002, 01:03: Message edited by: Raw Cadet ]

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps