Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Who the Hell are you part II... (Page 6)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Who the Hell are you part II...
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do know that. I have every single one of those books (unlike you, i can read the words after I'm done looking at the pictures too.) . I'm just puzzled why you would say that Hobbes should change his good catch phrase tagline to a dumb sounding name of a book tagline.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calvin and Who?
Red BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I do read the words. Calvin says 'Homicidal Psycho Jungle cat'

Any why the hell each time I leave out a detail or misphrase something you all jump down my throat? DO you all have your heads up your asses so far that you wont overlook a guy who just happens to make a damn error in grammar? Listen, I know you dont want me here, so I'll just leave for a undecided period of time. I'll make sure the door dont hit me where the good lord split me on the way out! Happy trails!

IP: Logged
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite book is Square, Square, Square, Arrow. It's good.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm.. i kinda feel bad now. not really bad, but kinda bad.

this is the repurcussion of my drunkenness? oh well.. time to play with publicly displayed names again

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hangovers are a bitch.
Member # 239

"I'll just leave for a undecided period of time."

By "Undecided," you mean "Permanently," right?

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay this is really getting old. Look, I'm not defending anyone. BWC is an easy target, but wouldn't it be easier to just ignore him? Now, this is only a suggestion, so you're actually free to continue this. But I think some people are getting tired at reading these insults put upon him.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Member # 239

"The quality of that makes me fell like Mr. DeMartino after he flipped the lid after the barbeque..." != Old, either. No.
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, even though sometimes BWC has certain traits about him that attracts insults to him, does not mean you have to be down his back every time he says something.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On his back, not down it.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Any why the hell each time I leave out a detail or misphrase something you all jump down my throat?
Mainly because in this line of business, if you can never say what you mean, then you can never mean what you say. On a message board, the only thing that people have to go on is words on a screen. And if those words don't make sense, then it makes you look like an idiot. (I'm not saying you ARE one. It just might LOOK that way sometimes.)

Clarity and precision -- along with proper grammar -- can be quite helpful in getting your point across. I don't do it ALL the time, but I usually take a quick second to re-read my post before I press the "Add Reply" button. It does wonders for your image. I've been a member for nearly two years now -- at least, I first registered in November 2000 -- and I have never been a target for extreme flaming and so on. I would venture that it's because I try to post carefully, and don't make inane and silly comments too often. Be thoughtful. Sometimes less is more.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And try to keep a healthy distance to the Silly Peopletm like Ultra Magnus of Pym, The Springfield Snayer and El Capitan.

Oh, and I got my name back. HOORAY!!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who was it that said, I am leaving, came back, left, came back.... etc... ???
If I could do that to this planet... that might be cool...

Yes, silly short hand is difficult to read, as is para-sentenances.... and those people that never really finish a sentence....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...it is...really annoying.

You're thinking of Darkstar, although he is by no means the only one to do that routine *cough*UM*uncoungh*

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps