Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I too have car (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: I too have car
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A 1990 Nissan 240SX.

It's my first manual car, my Nissan NX-2000 is automatic. Personally I wish I could have kept the NX-2000, but family and financial issues prevented that. But anyways...

-  -

That's basically it right there. Odds are I'll get stationed in San Diego, which will give me a good opportunity to fix it up with a body kit, a new spoiler ... that sorta stuff, along with some engine upgrades. It won't look like it came from the set of The Fast and the Furious or anything, but hopefully when I'm finished it'll get noticed. Besides the Navy doesn't pay me enough.

Once I have it paid off in 2 years I ought to be a petty officer by then and will probably go for the Nissan SE-R Spec-V. Now there's a sweet car I wish I could afford today.

I love Nissans. If only for the fact they're NOT a damn Honda or Acura. The only reason I hate those 2 companies are because their cars are too common and overdone. Not only that, but they make finding stuff for Nissan more difficult. Besides, I never want to drive a car everyone else has.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
Besides, I never want to drive a car everyone else has.

Then you need one of these.

And you just liked the other car simply becasue then you could tell everybody you drove the NX-2000. I'm sure like 80% of their sales went to geekoid Trekkies with shitty senses of humor.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Excelsior? Why would you want that bucket of bolts?"

Ha ha ha. Car salesmen have a pretty shitty sense of humor too, trust me on this.

Lest I forget: nice wheels. And the manual transmission makes your purchase even more worthwile! Caress that stick, and she'll always bring you home.

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, no. I loved the NX-2000 because it's a great car. Made for only 3 years and mostly in Japan which made it more rare. Just because it was called the NX-2000 isn't the reason why I got it, it was more of a funny coincidense.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
I love Nissans. If only for the fact they're NOT a damn Honda or Acura. The only reason I hate those 2 companies are because their cars are too common and overdone.

That might have something to do with the fact that Acura IS Honda...

It's a funky Japanese technique to make Americans think that we're buying from a luxury line when in reality they're just from the same cheap company. Everything Acura sells in America is sold under a different name as a Honda in Japan. Acura RSX = Honda Integra, Acura NSX = Honda NSX, etc. Nissan is guilty as well, everything in the Infiniti brand is really just a rebadged Nissan. Infiniti G35 = Nissan Skyline, Infiniti Q45 = Nissan Cima, etc. Toyota is also guilty, but twice over. Lexus is a bit different though, since they also exist in Europe. But again, Lexus IS300 = Toyota Altezza, Lexus SC430 = Toyota Soarer, etc. The other brand that is really rebadged Toyota is Scion, a new brand launching next year that's supposed to be urban and hip. They have two models planned, the Scion bbX and Scion ccX. They are...a failure waiting to happen.

Oh, and a nice 240SX. Some really good stuff can be done with that engine since I believe it's the same one used in a Nissan Silvia and Nissan Skyline GT-R. Or at least they share similar parts. So you can really do some mad mods to the engine of that thing if you wanted.

And I'd hold off on that Sentra SE-R V-Spec. Nissan has been having problems with the car since it is not living up to their initial specifications. Basically, the car is producing nowhere near the power they claimed it was supposed to. For performance it'd be much better to go with a 350Z, but that might be a tad too expensive plus you lose the practicality of having 4-doors as well as having to live with the design of the car (but who knows, you could love the looks of the 350Z).

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Hobbes
Member # 138

Acura is Honda ... I did not know that, but that does make a lot of sense now.

I knew about the other car companies mentioned being a smaller "luxury" line though.

And Shik ... one, I would NEVER buy that car.

Cartman, you might like caressing sticks, and you may even have plently practice but it's just more work for me. Though I'm getting use to driving manual, even though I wouldn't mind an automatic still.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would buy Shik's car with all my might.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Grabbed from Acura.com

Acura EL (Canada-only model) = Honda Civic sedan
Acura RL = Honda Legend
Acura TL = Honda Saber/Inspire
Acura CL doesn't have a Japanese counterpart
Acura MDX = Honda Pilot
Acura NSX = Honda NSX
Acura RSX = Honda Integra

[ August 26, 2002, 21:43: Message edited by: The359 ]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine has been trying to get his hands on a 240SX lately. I think he wants to swap a Silvia motor into it...
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

Has your friend looked into getting a Skyline GT-R engine instead, since the Silvia and Skyline GT-R share the same engine but the Skyline has twin turbos?

--------------------

Hobbes
Member # 138

What to do with that $7,000 sign on bonus... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What to do with that $7,000 sign on bonus...
You could send it to me then you wouldn't have a problem trying to figure out how to spend it.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good choice of wheels, man! I'd better get to see some pictures when she's all decked out!!!

I, on the other hand, am actgually parking my car next week so that I can drive around a 1991 Nissan 300ZX... a friend of mine is trying to sell it, but he doesn't have time to drive her around and advertise, so he asked me if I would since I drive so much anyway...

T-tops, leather, amazing body kit, pimpin' stereo system, gorgeous shade of blue that he just had custom painted in the spring... *purrs* It was a sacrifice, but I told him if I HAD to, I'd drive it [Wink]

Yay! Maybe I'll even be able to pick up guys this way... hehehehe..... [Big Grin]

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sound like a Fratboy. I doubt you are actually a woman.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I'm not so sure about a Honda Pilot and an Acura MDX are the same vehicle. My boss has an MDX, and when I parked next to it with the F150, it had a couple of inches heigt-wize on it. I drive by a Honda Pilot once, and it looked to be only a bit bigger than a CRV.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps