Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I too have car (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: I too have car
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I think the entire state of Washington must have bought Volvo police cars, because my girlfriend was pulled over just yesterday by a white unmarked Volvo sedan somewhere between Ellensburg and Yakima. So it's not just your neck of the woods LOA, everyone in Washington state had better look out for the "granny cars" [Razz]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do NOT have to pull over for an unmarked police car ... well, you DO, but you can (and should) continue driving until you're in a well lighted area -- a gas station, or convenience store. If you're pulled over by an unmarked car and are suspicious of whether or not it is a real police car, make a signal that you recognize you are being pulled over (turn on a signal or something). Also, feel free to call 911 and request a marked unit.

I say this because there are assholes who are NOT POLICE driving around with a blue dashlight, pulling people over. There was a guy in PG County who pulled folks over in his BMW. You'll often find that the people doing this shit are volunteer firefighters. [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually you can only do that in certain states. I know for a fact in Indiana it isn't allowed. I know because my cousin was pulled over in Indiana in May while I was with him, and he is from North Carolina, where it is indeed legal. When he pulled over he asked the cop if he was allowed to pull up to a gas station or whatever and the cop said that wasn't a law in Indiana.

So it must be a local thing Snay, although I dunno if a cop would really get on you for doing that when it's not legal.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
although I dunno if a cop would really get on you for doing that when it's not legal
Whaaaat? For doing what that's illegal? Get on you?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

You're gonna get bitch slapped one of these days. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I ask because I don't understand what you said.
It made no sense, at all. What would the cop get mad about?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

The fact that you're still driving while he's trying to make you stop and pull over.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

If he can see that you recognize that you're being pulled over and are only waiting for a well lit area to pull over in, he won't be harsh to you as a result.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, this thread has become disturbingly local. What's next, long political threads about the threatened incorporation of West Valley? Discussions about the weekend news hottie on KAPP? Crazy.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How hot? I want pictures.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've tried, but so far, nothing. You know how the weekend crews are. Barely get a mention on the webpage.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A list of things I've already bought to begin fixing my car up. Mainly cosmetic stuff, no performance enhancements yet. Odds are I'll get sent to San Diego so I'll have more options for body kits and engine improvements there.

Clear signal bumper lights
Reverse indiglo gauges
OBX Type-R aluminum racing pedals cover set
Nismo aluminum emblem

I'm also looking to get a few other special things, like 180SX windows and center tail piece. In Japan the 240 is called a 180, so I want my car to also say 180SX to help make it even more different from all other 240's around here.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always loved whiteface gauges... [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

The only thing I don't like is the NISMO badge. It's definatly the older official badge, but the more modern NISMO badges are much better in my opinion:

mid-90s NISMO logo
current NISMO logo

--------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Older or not, I've seen the other emblems and prefer this on over the rest.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps