Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Bonehead HTML programming question (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Bonehead HTML programming question
MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also get a blank page in IE6

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, I do, too. Anybody have any clues?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem's in my Javascript code. I've commented that line out, and it works fine. Minus my countdown, of course.

--------------------

Omega
Member # 91

Heh. Two methods of embedding fonts. One is IE only and therefore sucks, the other you have to pay $150 for working software. Frellit.

--------------------

Omega
Member # 91

Ah! IE won't let you end a script tag with /> You have to actually have a seperate tag to close it.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would you want to have a script tag w/o any actual script? You probably could put "<script />", but it wouldn't do anything.
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Script is the exception to the rule - it has to have an independant close tag
Omega
Member # 91

Why would you want to have a script tag w/o any actual script? You probably could put "", but it wouldn't do anything.

You'd have to link to the script in an external file, as an atribute of the tag. Which, coincidentally, is exactly what I did. [Smile]

And how do you post the text of a tag in this thing, anyway? It keeps thinking I've posted the tag itself (or disallowing it, depending on the tag), and with this new edit function, I can't see how you did it.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, I'd forgotten about external script files. A moment of brain inactivity, apparently.

To make the <script> tag show up, I used the old method of getting around swear-word filters: I typed "&lt;scr<i></i>ipt&gt;".

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps