Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My New Apartment (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: My New Apartment
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Hopefully).

At the moment, I live in a very small efficiency. Shik has seen it. It's crammed with desks, bookshelves, and assorted other goodies like a sofa, love seat, and futon. This is the floorplan of my current place. Not very big, is it?

Well, I've been here a year and a half now (two years in May), and it's time for a nice place I can actually call home. By summer, I should hopefully have had enough of my debts paid off I can afford a $200 increase in rent so that I can move to this beautiful apartment! It's nice ... and OH so big!

Woohoo!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
347 ft for $500 a month????? Oy, vey!

Lacey and I were in a 1127 sq ft apt and we only paid $615 a month......

That's insane..... but good luck with the new place! I'm looking for a new place myself.... only I'm trying to buy a house instead of renting [Smile]

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wishing you luck on that, Snay.

Here is what I'm looking at for later this year near Chi-town. link I'm looking into any of the 2 bedroom apartments. But I think I like the idea of the seperate kitchen and dining room in the 810ft one the best.

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, his place is ass CRAMPED. It's Mayflower material.

This is mine. I'm in the larger bedroom. Most of the place is filled with crap. George needs to clean his ish. Soon.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck on getting that apartment, Jeff.

My roommate and I are beginning the apartment search again. Our lease expires in early May, and, while I love we are, we have to leave. We currently pay $745 for a two bedroom 800 square foot apartment with paid utilities. However, we've found out from management that rent is going up to $775, and we have to start paying for electricity, water, and trash removal.

On the positive side of things, we may rent a house since we know a couple other people who'll be without shelter at the same time we're set to be. Or we'll find a three or four bedroom apartment. Or we'll live in a cardboard box under the freeway.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's Mayflower material.
Unless we're talking about the Pilgrims, I don't understand the reference.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys should all move up to SJ where $745/mo US could get you a nice house in Millidgeville or out in Quispam or something. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, being in a cutting-edge technology industry up there means finally getting machines to help you milk the cows. [Razz]
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'm planning on putting my computer and my Legos in the Den. I'll probably put a nice reading chair in there too, and maybe a TV with some game consoles.

Since I have a HUGE kitchen, I'm thinking of filling the Dining Room with a sofa or two and a nice oriental rug, and making it just a comfortable room.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to have your present apartment, Snay. I need my own kitchen, I'm sick of sharing with my landlord. I don't have that much stuff, so that's good for me as well. Maybe buy a small table and a few chairs or so....

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

It's $540 a month, Tahna. Move on down.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Unless we're talking about the Pilgrims, I don't understand the reference."

Well, I don't think the Mayflower was exactly the most spacious ship to ever sail the seas...

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the Defiant has bigger staterooms! and the Mayflower had no fucking quantorps eith0r!
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
b0h!
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Well, I don't think the Mayflower was exactly the most spacious ship to ever sail the seas..."

First-class accomodations weren't part of the deal, but them pilgrims sure did have lots of religious space to move around in! Get it? Hah-hah-hah.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps