Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My New Apartment (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: My New Apartment
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snay: Surely the back of your Jeep is larger than that.

Incidentally, I'm in the process of rennovating my new space . You don't want to know how much I'm spending on rent.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, I'd LOVE a place like that! Where do you live? Converted warehouse?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

bX
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More or less. Converted cold-storage. I'm pretty excited about it, actually, but there's no windows save for a solitary skylight, so I've taken a lot of time plotting out the lighting. The place is actually a bit further along than this. I've got the place wired and most of the sheetrock hung. Painting is going to be a bear, and I have, like, Zero experience points when it comes to flooring, but I think it'll turn out nice.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the total squarefootage? Also, do you pay rent, or did you buy the lot? Also, what did you / do you pay either way?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. Let us know when you update. Let's see some "work in progess" shots.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Rumpus room"?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's like a rec room. Only rumpus.

I've always liked the idea of living in a converted warehouse/loft type deal.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If my roommate and I decide to con a couple more friends into the arrangement, we'll be renting out a house. One of the things we want in the house is a rumpus room. That way, we can set up a Dance Dance Revolution station and spin the nights away getting down and with it.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a great way for you to lose weight, Sieg. Seriously. My friend Jess lost like 30 pounds this past summer playing DDR constantly at home. She now = teh hawt svelte.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So that would make her, what, seventy pounds now?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhhh...no. Probably, like...120?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Balaam,

You're going to tell us when you post updated photos of the loft, right?

bX
Member # 419

Yes, I am. I'm a bit further than this but haven't yet taken photos with the paint and the 'living room' on the main floor. Maybe after this weekend.

--------------------

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Corner sink is cool. I like the older stuff.

[ February 14, 2003, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Kosh ]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

More pics, Balaam!

Update: with the steep deposit & pet fees of Padonia Village, I decided to do an "end of lease" transfer with my current management company, which owns (literally) about 90% of the apartments in Cockeysville.

Apparently I picked the right time to inquire about an apartment! One bedroom apartments (in a nice complex) were starting at LESS then what I pay now for a studio. Two bedrooms were starting about $100 more. So, for a grand total of an extra $120 a month, I'm getting a two-bedroom apartment! They usually start at about $680 for a basement level two-bedroom, but I'm getting a mid- or top-level for $640, plus the additional pet rent of $20.

You can click here to see the floorplan of the apartment, even though this site belongs to another complex (same management company, same design buildings).

Anyway, I'm excited about this. Since I already have a lease with the company, I don't need to a new security deposit (I just have to add $400 to my already standing deposit), or pay a new pet deposit. And since the complex is only about half a mile away (at most), and I've already lined up two people to help me move, all I need to do is rent a cargo van and I'm confident I can be moved in a matter of hours.

Also (and I'm really excited about this) I get a DISHWASHER! WOOHOO!

I mean, I'm dissapointed about not going to Padonia Village (those are some DAMN beautiful apartments), but on the other hand, I'm getting a carpeted and large apartment. Frankly, it'll be nice not to be quite so squished (I have two desks, eight bookshelves, four-wall mounted shelving units, a futon/bed, a sofa, a loveseat, an entertainment center, dresser, and half a dozen lamps in about 300 square feet).

Yay for room!!!!

I'm planning on putting my bed and dresser in the smaller of the two bedrooms. The larger room I'm going to stick my computer and legos and other geeky stuff in. My friend Steve and I are planning on getting our "ebay" thing on for extra cash (his roomate has been doing ebay for a few months now, and in Feb. made a $1500 profit on a $700 investment) and we'll use that room also as our sorting/mailing/etc. area (hitting "Goodwill" for books and such*).

I'm also getting an oriental rug from my parents and a VERY nice dining room table that they got from my mom's parents. It's a beautiful table, and since it and the sofa they gave me are the only two pieces of furniture I've really *wanted* from what they have, I'm really happy [Smile]

* Steve's roomie Mike bought a Capt. Morgan beer mirror for $5 ... sold it last week for $150. Bastard. Especially since Steve has a bar in his basement -- woulda looked nice there.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps