Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, because the guy operating the plow did it on purpose.

Silly me, I parked facing out but at the very back of the space. I spent about two hours shoveling today, and I dug out around the sides and the front. I've still got about a foot out from where I've cleared to hit the plowed section of the court. Tomorrow.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This statistic should either make you very proud, or else make your muscles ache even worse.

Given the average density and accumulation of snow in this area (Delaware and Pennsylvania), a driveway approximately 50 feet by 10 feet equals 5,000 cubic feet of snow... and weighs 10,000 pounds. (This little tidbit was in the newspaper this morning.)

Ow, my back... [Frown]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, Maryland got hit by the deepest snowfall in recorded weather-history.

So what happened this morning? Some ignorant molesting sack of horse dung waited until everyone went to work, moved the chairs & such they were using to mark their space (hey, you clear the spot, you KEEP the spot), and used his truck (with plow) to dig himself and his two roomates a nice area to park.

In the process, they:

Stole spaces from three residents

Completely blocked both the walkway to my building, and the dumpster

Pushed snow onto two OTHER vehicles which had been cleared out, one of which belonged to an 84-year old man.

I spent two hours just now digging a new walkway to my building (there was an alternate walkway, but you had to go halfway around the block). The snow was about seven feet high in spots, and it was a five foot dig from the cleared area of the walk to the parking lot. I also helped dig the two cars back out.

What did we do with the snow?

Poetic justice.

We dumped it on the truck with the plow. We put most of it between the plow and the front wheels. Mother fucking asshole.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Images out my window on the back of the house:

-
Our patio. That stone wall is probably a foot and a half tall at least. The sunken spot is where the dog has had her fun

-
The area behind the patio and the neighborhood behind that. You can see where they dug out the road that leads to the new section of the neighborhood where they are building condos.

It'd be better if I had pictures out the front of the house, but...I'm not on the front of the house. So live with it.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!]

Dammit. Over here, society would grind to a halt if ONE MOTHAFUCKING INCH of the stuff should fall, an event right up there with asteroid impacts on the frequency scale of natural disasters.

/me envious

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We dumped it on the truck with the plow. We put most of it between the plow and the front wheels. Mother fucking asshole
[Big Grin] now that, I like.

That snow looks pretty serious. And to think I was exited by about an inch. Which shut down every school in Lincoln except 2. One of which was mine [Mad] . Still, did have a big snow fight; 6th form Vs everyone. We won [Big Grin] .

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://topher.pleh.net/storm2003

That was the first big storm we had this year. All that snow is new. I really should upload the new pictures that I took this weekend... Its snowing right now, so that storm that hit MinutiaeMan and Snay might be heading up this way.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I'd comment on the first six pictures, but I can't really see anything SINCE YOU TOOK THEM IN THE DARK

Dunce [Razz]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its not my fault you don't have a bright enough monitor to see them. [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to know if Snay's little brush with vigilanteism actually worked. Were the jackasses stuck?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps