Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » united north america? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: united north america?
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Alberta, 'cuz we're so frickin' rich.
Till your oil runs out, then you got nothing. Beside half of your population already wishes they were Americans. Ontario will be the last bastion of Canada, the only province since confederation to always stand on it's own two feet and support the rest of the country. Canada's heart, soul, and economic engine.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
The only reason the separatists gain note is because the SUN has nothing better to print. Except for the suspiciously clean and neat "Sunshine Boys." Not that there's anything wrong with that.

That, and the amazingly interesting news of Wally Buono's CFL adventures and whatever meagre whiny comments Klien has said today to further alienate himself from the east, would make for a tremendously boring country.

So, maybe Alberta can be the beginning of the new Middle West, but you know, man, it'd be boring.

Are there any good dollar stores in the South West that sell Knockoff Bruticus toys? If so, then I relike Alberta, and sign up for the seperatists.

But, I mean Cowboys and bad Hockey? Who would move here?

You have summed up that swarthy land forty minutes from my house far better than I could ever hope to.

Unexpected upside if Canada were to join the U.S.: 50ish safe Democrat electoral votes in essentially every Presidential election ever. In other words, the elimination of the Republican Party as an organization capable of setting a superpower's policy.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd expect your political parties to carry over, though, especially given the general suckiness of both our parties. One lies about what it stands for, and the other doesn't stand for anything, so why wouldn't you? I'm still leaning towards the whole "vote in order of preference" thing, frankly. Two-party systems suck.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
?!
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega isn't allowed out of the house in case he's currupted by non-Christian values, otherwise I'd be tempted to ask if he left a computer logged in somewhere. . . 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, yeah, what did you do to Omega, Omega?
Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now tell me, when was the last time you saw a Republican actually doing any of the things I advocate as far as domestic policy goes, outside of Bush's tax cuts? Why do you think I was so eager to come up with a way to eliminate the two-party system a while back?

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this post planned out in response, it was both amusing and full of wisdom, musing on such diverse topics as the problem in fainding a political party you feel can really represent you, and so forth. It wasn't even insulting to anyone! But then my wife walked into the room stark naked, and I forgot all about it.

So, bad luck. And, er, gotta go. Bye! 8)

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm shocked. Shocked & appalled. I truly am.

There's a "flip her the bird" joke somewhere here, but I'm not Professor Challenger enough to hunt it down.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Omega
Member # 91

I had this post planned out in response, it was both amusing and full of wisdom, musing on such diverse topics as the problem in fainding a political party you feel can really represent you, and so forth. It wasn't even insulting to anyone!

Who are you, and what have you done with Lee, Lee?

--------------------

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I had this post planned out in response, it was both amusing and full of wisdom, musing on such diverse topics as the problem in fainding a political party you feel can really represent you, and so forth. It wasn't even insulting to anyone! But then my wife walked into the room stark naked, and I forgot all about it.

One wonders why he wasted time typing this out.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He didn't. He telepathied it at us.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's my naked girlfriend coming to distract me? [Frown]

Oh, right, South Carolina....bastard 9 hour drive.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Lee
Member # 393

*grin*

--------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stop rubbing it in, you lucky sexed up bastard [Razz]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps