Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Beverages (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Beverages
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about milk shakes and malts? And where does gatorade go? Flavored water like Aquafina? Oh, and how about flavored lube?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think milkshakes and malts would be under milk, gatorade and flavored lube under artificial stuff.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The prevalent energy drink around here is KMX. Tastes like orange pop, but its got something in it... I forget. One of those herby-things.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rm *.*
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brine and urine?
Beverages?
Are you having money problems? [Wink]

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just glad no one's mentioned seman yet...

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's less of a drink & more of a protein product.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer to think of it as Power Juice.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They say the energy contained in semen, proteinic or otherwise, is too low, it takes more energy from the body to break down and utilize it. Besides, that's not what it's there for.

Try telling that to Chie Sakamachi!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG... the girls are straight??? No gay folk?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The internet is like the best ever, surely.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Similac� and other similar beverages used as infant formulas? I guess either way it would fit into a similar category as perhaps soy milk, as I believe in its many varietys it is made of milk and non-lactose varieties made of whey and soy.

I may be wrong, but I reecall my gf telling me that some NHL hockey players drink Similac� becuase it infuses more carbs or energy or whatever its exact purpose is again (I forget) than what Gatorade or Powerade or whatever nasty shitte people drink to replenish their carbs.

Also cough syrup...and what about maple syrup and honey? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, those aren't exactly your everyday beverages, now are they?

What about vegetable-based drinks, like tomato juice, carrot juice, V8, etc?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
Well, those aren't exactly your everyday beverages, now are they?

WTF is your beef with me, eh?

Beverage: a drinkable liquid.

The post is about beverages (a la "I'm currently writing a research paper on beverages'). Therefore it would seem that formula would be a beverage if you were a baby.

And I do believe honey is an additive to tea and so forth...so they seem to be higher qualifiers than blood or semen. Either way it is a drinkable liquid and they (syrup and honey) do come from sources other than what was already mentioned

quote:

What about vegetable-based drinks, like tomato juice, carrot juice, V8, etc?

I believe this falls under the "juice category" as fruits and vegitables generally fall within the same "food group".

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone who drinks honey like water deserves what they get, which will be: a beating. Weirdos.

And I see no evidence of beef.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps