Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Technical help required (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Technical help required
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erh, not that I'm keeping tabs on your life or anything, but you and your family all live in the same house and share a single anolog telephone line, right?

Anyway, does the phone always ring when your (twin?) sissster closes the connection, or only after she's been online a while? Because it sounds like some strangely misconfigured call waiting software is playing pranks on her, but that's about all I can think of.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a similar problem at my old house. If my modem was plugged into the phone line, the other phones in the house would ring continiously, until I connected to the internet. When I disconnected, the same thing happened.

I got around it by just pulling the modem lead out whenever I wanted to disconnect. And I couldn't quite be bothered finding out why it was so weird.

So that's not very helpful at all.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cartman - yeah we all share one phone line and live in the same how - you spying on us? [Big Grin]

It only rings when my sister disconnects from her internet connection and only rings once. It's quiet at any other time unless someone rings us normally.

Something could be faulty . . . sounds right - we did get it from PC World. [Frown]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, just a quick question:

Is there a way to determine whether someone has blocked your e-mail account from their account? i.e. you send them an e-mail and it gets blocked/sent to the trash bin? Can you find out from your end other than them not replying to you?

Cheers!

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could call and ask them.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or send them an email.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH SNAP!
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I've got one: what do I have to delete to get rid of the annoying feature my work IE has, of remembering virtually everything I type into a Search field? Especially in Google where I look for all sorts of bizarre info.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its something to do with the AutoComplete feature. I think you can turn it off in IE's options somewhere.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've looked there's a "Use Inline AutoComplete" in the Advanced tab but it's not ticked. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know what version you're on, but, on mine, the Content tab of the Internet Options has an AutoComplete button that brings up a separate window where you can select when to use AC. It also has buttons to clear out what it has already stored.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps