Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Ancient Egyptian Astronomy (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Ancient Egyptian Astronomy
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
18? Legal... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Move over Deus Ex: Invisible War, there's a new "best thing in the whole universe that is just so awesome" in town.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or:

SHOW US YOUR (OR ANYONE'S) BREASTS AND VAGINA PLEASE!

I WILL MASTURBATE TO THEM OFTEN!

INNUENDO!

SUGGESTION!

FLATTERY!

SELF-LOATHING.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My my, such crass behaviour.

In regards to your project, one thing you might try while you're there is to see if any of the monuments are aligned to certain stars and constellations. I live near Stonehenge and they reckon whoever built that knew a thing or two about astronomy and geometry and I'm sure the Egyptians snuck a few significant alignments into their worship sites, given that they were effectively sky worshipers.

Of course to do that you'd have to plot the monuments and backdate the starcharts 5000 years to compensate for procession.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But as we all know, Stonehenge is a vagina. Therefore pyramids equal the tits.

3500 BC: The Zorklonians land in Egypt & go to the bathroom. The locals call the results "pyramids," their word for "big alien dumpers in the sand."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

NASA2030
Member # 1079

- posted      Profile for NASA2030     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik,

Okay lets get this over with now.... Imohtep, was Viser to the Pharaoh Djoser, in the 3rd dynesty... she was the builder of the first pyrimid, the red step pyrimid. Now i know about all the mummy movie crap, where they use the name of Imohtep as high priset to Seti the first i beleive, but seti was in the 19th dyanesty, which in fact was nearly 1500 years after the lifetime of the real imohtep.

[Wink] just a little infor for you

NASA

--------------------
NASA
Reaching For Mars,
For in life and in death NOTHING can stop me.

P.S. if for some strange reason you email me... please use [email protected] thanks

NASA2030
Member # 1079

- posted      Profile for NASA2030     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh LOA, I dont need you to stand up for me..... I can fight my own battles.... heck, i am the one that scared your little mikey friend after he broke your arm... i am so not afraid of the people in this forum...... [Cool] so ya you dont need to stand up for me, okay.... if you try to, then ill start doing it in trun and i know you HATE it when i try and protect you from your werid guy friends.... (BTW tony needs to take me on his bike again [Smile] )

NASA

--------------------
NASA
Reaching For Mars,

P.S. if for some strange reason you email me... please use [email protected] thanks

NASA2030
Member # 1079

Reverend,

Yes the pyramids of Giza... the 3 large ones that everyone knows about...are believed to have been built following the Orion built, however, if memory serves me correct, the constellation that we know as Orion, was to the Egyptian, Osirus...or was it Ra.... well anyways the constellation was based on one of their most formidable gods............ Another fascinating fact about the pyramids is the fact that the enterences face almost due north... there is a .1 degree difference, which Egyptologist suspect is due to the wobble of the earth and not a miscalculation

NASA

--------------------
NASA
Reaching For Mars,

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I knew all of that about Imhotep. This is why I was given dirty looks as I screamed at the screen, "Oh, for fuck's sake, just build the man's monument & be DONE with it."

The Brendan Fraser reference was what in the business refer to as "comedy."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

NASA2030
Member # 1079

Shik,

Oh okay, I am sorry, I didnt realize that you where joking.... Ask LOA, i am not very good when it comes to sarcasum and jokes and all... sorry if i offened you..... [Smile]

NASA

--------------------
NASA
Reaching For Mars,

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got 57,000 hits on google, have you tried that?

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Shik
Member # 343

Osiris was in Orion. Ra was represneted by the Aten, I believe...the Sun Disk.

Now when you say "find the technigues of Imhotep"...his techniques for what exactly?

--------------------

NASA2030
Member # 1079

Shik,

My technique, is to go out side and set up a telescope and use star charts to do all my observing, Messier, set up his telescoped and looked at all the fussy stuff he could and then catalouged it all....... So what did Imohtep and other great egyptian astronomers do.. what, if any tools did they use??? basicly... how did they observer, and can i recreate it...

--------------------
NASA
Reaching For Mars,

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, heh. . . she said "inflick." That's just so sweet. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"i am so not afraid of the people in this forum......"

Too obvious, perhaps, but:

"You will be. You will be."

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps