Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Messages for Shik (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Messages for Shik
MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eeek! This is only like the second time I've ever started a thread...It's quite exciting! I'll be writing a letter to Shik over the next few days. I usually print a copy of some of the longer threads and put them in with my letters. This time though I thought I'd give people the opportunity to send him any news they might have. So off you go....write...lots...NOW!! *cracks whip*

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you want us to send them to you over private message? Is there a cut-off date for sending them to you to be included?

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its up to you...I can simply print out this thread if people put them here, or you can PM them or email them if they are a little more private...I don't mind (I also will avoid reading them - honest ;-) I'll probably write my letter at the weekend and get things in the post on Monday.

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow: that's a really cool thing to do.
I'll PM you once I think of something good to say.
I'm at aloss to come up with anything not as pedantic as "hang in there".

Thanks.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

No problem...to be honest I think anything will be more entertaining for him than the blow by blow accounts of my rehearsals he has had to endure! We have been scraping the bottom of the barrel with my descriptions of my DisneyWorld vacation...If you know Shik you know he's not a Disney kind of guy! I even described swimming with a Dolphin...compared to that 'Hang in there' would be an improvement!!

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! You were in MY part o' the world!
I could've told yu all the coo things to do in Florida...although swimming with Dolphins is definitely one of them!

Shik needs something to look forward to so I think I may organize some model kits to send him once he's out.....mabye some good sci-fi books to read too: those I could send him now, but I dont know the prison's policy on that: some facilities only allow prisonrs to read from their own library.
He'll be on probation, so he'll be indoors when he's not working.
He really should ask his probation officer for permission to move so he'll never run into this girl (or her family!).

I'll think of something.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. Thanks, MaGiC. I'll send you a private message with my letter to him as soon as possible.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What to say that isn't too smart ass, but encouraging that life isn't over.....

possibly more later....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to degrade the thread... but I hope he hasn't become anyone's bitch! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

..not that he's mentioned, no. And he is allowed to receive books. I send him them. But put them in a padded envelope not in a box...he has not recieved anything that came in a package rather than an envelope (used to happen at the prison where I worked too) also people have been sending things from amazon...he hasn't got any of these either. He also didn't get my stamps that i sent with the last letter which is annoying cos I can only get them from the states and have to ask whichever of my friends is on holiday to bring them back. This time I'm actually going to stick them by a corner to the letter or the book! Less chance of them getting lost.

Please keep sending the PM's.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long will he have to stay there before he get's out again? I seem to have overlooked that detail in the other thread.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Not to degrade the thread... but I hope he hasn't become anyone's bitch! [Smile]

Hope springs eternal for you, huh Andrew. [Big Grin]

Kidding.
Really.

Mabye I'll dig up some Trek books for him....hmmmm.
Mabye Count Of Monte Cristo and Stephen King's Diffrent Seasons.
Lotsa hope in those books.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MaGiC:
..not that he's mentioned, no.

Would you mention it???

That's odd, I've never heard of them not letting packages from the bookstores and publishers through, it's usually the ones sent from home that get tossed... Never know when someone good is going to get the drugs in to the bindings just right....

I know far too much about jail.... friends and family... gotta love it....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell him to never ever drop the soap. Ever.

Of course he most likely already learned that.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know far too much about things people should never know about.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps