Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Messages for Shik (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Messages for Shik
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmm....Dangerfield as a Klingon....(shudder)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although the Care Bears will never turn their backs to him.... ever....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just reminding you lovely people that tomorrow is the cut of point for messages. Thanks to those who have already sent them.

Sieggy...you can have my respect if you want it... however in my experience it's like a magic pumpkin...doesn't last all the way until the next morning.

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinky.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've woke up next to pumpkins before?
Well, that tops my knocking myself out while having fun by at least three steps of depravity!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and she's sutting us off tomorrow....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I missed the cut off. If you write again, tell him I hope it all works out when he gets out. It's going to be tough, but you have some friends online, when you need them.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard my name mentioned, so I figured I'd acknowledge that I still do exist (although some researchers might disagree).
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, given the time lag between the mention of your name and your appearance, you were presumably out somewhere near the Oort Cloud. . ?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. Even Simon responds quicker than that, and he lives in the fag end of nowhere.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well he could always join the academy next year. Unless he's got too much of his father in him.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a letter back from Shik today. Now to write him back and see what I can assemble to send to him. Overall, Shik seems to be doing incredibly well. He's in positive spirits, and he's putting his time to good use. I get the feeling Shik going to be much more philosophical when he gets out (which will be in August). He's also working a story that:

quote:
Frank and Simon will adore it, Liz will love it, Omega will call me a heretic and start collecting kindling.
Also, in case anyone here is interested in sending him something or writing to him, here are some notes (I said I'd pass this info along to everyone here):

• Stamps are good.
  • Artwork is nice, but it can't be hung on the walls.
  • Readouts of the SF Museum are welcomed.
  • Paperback books are good, but there's some oddness with him receiving him. Packages from Amazon aren't being given to him; packages from persons are being given to him. If you send him books (paperbacks only), include a letter with the titles so that he can try and get them.
  • Pictures are good, but they can't be Polaroids or naughty. They can be no larger than 5in x 7in.
  • Packages will be returned.
  • Money is accepted, but only in money order form in US funds. PM me for details.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So... he's writing the Book Of G'Shik, eh? I think I have some idea whom the characters might be patterned after. B)

[ December 04, 2003, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Cartman ]

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Actually, he didn't tell me anything about his idea other than that bit I quoted above. For all I know, it could be a Star Wars cookbook with lots of literary devices slipped into it that makes lots of fun of conservatives. However, I highly doubt that it's going to do with anything or anyone here (because I already called dibs on that story -- and the result is that everyone here will call me a heretic and start looking for kindling).

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, It's good that he's doing okay!
I'll have to round up some paperbacks to send him.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps