Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » A Northwestern US Flare-ite Conjunction (Page 2)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: A Northwestern US Flare-ite Conjunction
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, LOA, there are no Red Robins in Houston. Should we meet up in the summer, I definitely won't be taking you there. Hooters, on the other hand, we'd have to talk about.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol, I'd be happy to guide you, and would love to spend an afternoon wandering the University Book Store, Zanadu, or Golden Age Collectibles. [Big Grin]

--Jonah

P.S. There are two Red Robins in Houston -- one at Marq-E and one at Westchase.

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
"Let's all go to the bookstores, of which Seattle has many!"

Sadly enough, I was secretly hoping for some booktrawling action. Even more than I was hoping for Hooters. I must be getting old. Or something.

RE: Hooters. Oh, LOA you just don't want to be the only one we're ogling. Bring your sister. *pistolwink*

As Peregrinus suggests, I think Hooters might better be an after-gathering treat (one which I'm totally down for, btw). My vote would be for someplace non-chain oriented with some character and a decent vegetarian selection.

Also, what day would be best for people? You probably have jobs. It's likely that my sole responsibility while I'm up there will be the consuming of grandma's delicious cookies, and while I do take this task very seriously, I find the schedule is somewhat maleable.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn Marq-E Red Robin..... always competing against us, always winning. Grrr-ness...

And as for bringing my sister, I CAN, if you want, but I'm warning ya - she's a man. It'd still be like I'm the only girl there.... besides, I don't mind being the only one ogled [Wink]

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had any further thoughts on this? When and where to meet? How much time to kill before food? Maybe going to see Return of the King at Cinerama? Short drive from there to the Hooters on Lake Union...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

bX
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well as Trattoria Mitchelli is easy walking distance from the Ferry terminal, is apparently still in existence, and seems like a good spot, let's do that one. Though the 5 Spot does sound friendly too. How would Sunday the 21st, or Monday the 22nd strike people?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, you should all definitely try to get together. You'll have fun, and it's always interesting to put faces to names.

Simon, as your adviser in matters social, I order you to go! 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to call him a bitch if you want to control him like that [Wink]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just remember to take lots of pictures of Liz!

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naked pictures, even.....

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

bX
Member # 419

Uh, camera, CHECK!

So a tentative itinerary for whatever day:

~ 3PM Vaguely Organized Attendance Optional Bookstore Trawl
~ 6PM Dinner at Trattoria Mitchelli w/ drinks
~ 8PM Naked pictures of/with Liz
~10PM Getting snookered at Hooters, LOA gets her shirt back
~ 4AM-forever taunting Omega from Kinko's with above mentioned pictures

Sound good?

[ November 20, 2003, 05:42 AM: Message edited by: Balaam Xumucane ]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drinks? Some of you actually drink? As in, alcohol? Gosh.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

Mmmm..... Drunken LOA = Not Good at ALL.

Hehehe.... I tend to get a little out of control when drinking.... which is why it's only REALLY happened once. Don't remember a thing about it, but the stories have scarred me for life [Wink]

~LOA

bX
Member # 419

But we'll have pictures to remind you, so you won't miss a thing. Bottoms up!
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

I'll have to see if my girlfriend can't lead you down the wrong path, Liz... [Wink]

Tentative itinerary looks good. So no Return of the King? Oh, and we'd have to pick a specific book store. Want something downtown, or would you be looking to start at the University Book Store?

My personal vote would be for the U Book Store, then over to Fremont to hit the Seattle Book Center, Shorey's Books, B. Brown & Associates, and SeaOcean Book Berth, then into downtown to hit Zanadu Comics and Golden Age Collectibles, and finish at the Elliot Bay Book Company, which is about a block away from Trattoria Mitchelli...

--Jonah

--------------------

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps