Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I also got my dream job. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I also got my dream job.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still playing Star Trek: Invasion for the PS1.
It's the only game I own now that my Armada II CD broke.

I just have no paitence to play a computer game that long....I could be modeling or something creative....like sleeping.

Hmmmm.....I recall sleep: I miss it like an old friend.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Half-Life 2 is apparently only 20 hours long, although my progress is quite heavily slowed by having to pause and write everything down, both for the "how to" bit and the "story" bit.

Ahh, the Lovefist Limo mission. It really shouldn't be as hard as it is. Fun though.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inspiration?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hoverboat section is quite long. Fun though. And I'm at work having only had 3 hours of sleep and dear god I'm tired.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Repeat the above for 3 nights, and you have a whole new world of tired where colours are wrong and things won't sit still damnit.

I'm only on chapter 9. And it's due tomorrow. Argh!

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't you just ring the people who created the game?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

And get them to write the walkthrough for me?

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it done? Did you get teh powwarup?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Not yet. I've just finished chapter 12, with two more to go. I've been sending them what I've done one chapter at a time, and they haven't finished laying out the last few I've sent, so I've had a bit more time to play it.

In a way, I'm annoyed. Having to write while playing has taken some of the enjoyment out of things. Especially being so pressed for time. I mentioned that I was tired to the editor, and he said "trouble sleeping, eh? That rush before the end?" I think he thought that I was going to bed an hour later because I was enjoying the game so much. Whereas it's more a case of me having 3 hours of sleep every night this week to try and get the damn thing finished. Now I understand why the pay is so good.

Oh, and by the way: Chapter 12...Oh my fucking god awesomely brilliant.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the hell game is this again? Pong?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's either Donkey Kong Jr. or Q*Bert. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Which reminds me, I have to pick up Mario vs Donkey Kong. And a GBA to play it on. Preferably that new gold Zelda one. Mmmm.

Anyone, got it done. And I'm going to do a single page of general hints too, if I get some free time at work today. Never hurts to suck up to the boss.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I suppose I'll have to buy the mag again to read it, like I had to do just to get a glimpse of your Myst review?

Tight-arse.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Borders and Barnes & Noble were created so guys like us never have to actually buy a magazine to read an article.

Not to threaten Liam's dream job though.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
And I suppose I'll have to buy the mag again to read it, like I had to do just to get a glimpse of your Myst review?

I think there's more of a chance that Myst IV will be put on the web-site that Lords Of The Realm III. Although to be honest, I think stuff just goes up as and when the web-editor gets time.

How would you buy it, anyway?

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps