Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I also got my dream job. (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I also got my dream job.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erh, by going to a bookstore. One with books and stuff. How else?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not a magazine you can buy in the U.S. I don't know about where you are.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inside your computer.
If you break open your hard-drive, you'll release our souls from inprisonment.

I reccomend a sledgehammer.

Or, if you prefer, you could join us in our digital uprising: we have a lightcycle with your name on it. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not a book book. It's a book-that-comes-free-with-a-magazine book. Do Canadian bookstores reguarly import all the hot UK-based PC general entertainment and information magazines?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tora Zinfandel: "It's not a magazine you can buy in the U.S. I don't know about where you are."

Then the US must have really a xenophobic press culture. I can go down to central Stockholm, visit "Press Center" and buy ten UK game-rags.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Do Canadian bookstores reguarly import all the hot UK-based PC general entertainment and information magazines?"

I wouldn't know. Not being in Canada and all. But most general entertainment bookstores here do carry the PCF magazine, so I am happily in touch with the outside world.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do they carry the UK version though, or an evil subpar Canadian version for people who live in Canada and who are Canadian.

The Myst review is in the latest mag, by the way. And, er, some photos of the staff. They look a bit nerdy.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cartman isn't in Canada, though!

And here in Canada we do get imported UK magazines. They cost more, too.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Cartman
Member # 256

Yes. But they are the uncensored, full monty editions, straight from central, erh, Bath.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:

I am happily in touch with the outside world.

The outside world say to stop touching it and to stay on your side of the car.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
Yes. But they are the uncensored, full monty editions, straight from central, erh, Bath.

Bath is in the South West of the country. It has more Georgian arcitecture than anywhere else in the country, and is suppossed to be quite nice. Apparently.

If you want, you could go into your local Canadian bookstore and purchase this months issue. My Myst IV review is in it. Read it, and learn about Myst IV. And then look at the girl on the cover and realise that some men wank to that. The girl, not the monitor. Although maybe they do, for all I know.

--------------------

Cartman
Member # 256

Flat monitors are sexy.

And I do wish to learn. But I insist the knowledge be pure. Send it to me, so that I may study your teachings in their holiest, unedited form, and save my thoughtful self a long trip to the Canadian bookstore. In Canada.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, this is what happens when you live below sea level. No-one can see you down there, and they forget where you are.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But they get to put their fingers in dykes!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim':
Then the US must have really a xenophobic press culture. I can go down to central Stockholm, visit "Press Center" and buy ten UK game-rags.

Well, considering the U.S. and Europe generally has different release dates and localizations or games that are imported to one place and not the other, I'm not that surprised.

--------------------
life creation in progress

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps