Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Damn Hoodlums! (Page 9)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Damn Hoodlums!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
Fraiser?

Evangellion, I believe.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Frasier and Evangelion both came up with the name "Lillith". There was no prior use of that name anywhere.

Also, Cartman = correct. Do you shit money, or something?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simple. Use up the retirement funds and pensions today (GeForce 6800 Ultra mm-mm) and book a japanese livingroom suicide ring for your 40th birthday. Neat and tidy.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be if I had a pension and or retirement fund.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(The powering of robotic death-machines via some sort of whacked out harvested soul scheme - "I can fight evil because my brave craft is powered by my dead mother!" - is, however, unique to a certain Japanese entertainment, in my experience.)

I might as well include this picture of my elfin companion's cyberglidecycle, useful for beating rush hour traffic to home or skyhook; for those of you who do not spend your evenings seeking out, well, this sort of thing:
 -

[From Gizmodo by way of William Gibson.]

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.... how do I pimp my ride to look like that? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a Segway on drugs... or evolved.

And yes I sold the M5... why shouldn't I if I live in Los Angeles where I can't enjoy it while in traffic and deal with premium unleaded fuel costs with crappy gas milage. It's a luxury car that's not designed for students constantly driving around the LA County area.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An M5 is not designed with a STUDENT in mind AT ALL!

Unless it's a student with filthy rich parents who spoil their brat to everything... [Wink]

Also I don't shit money either. I have saved money for years through a lot of hard work to earn my current car. That's why I decided to finally treat myself to a vehicle with almost every extra included. As well as to my favorite engine - powerful yet still very fuel-efficient, which is extremely important when you live in Germany!

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Vor sprung derj technik, or whatever it was.

quote:
Originally posted by Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
...deal with premium unleaded fuel costs with crappy gas milage.

Aren't unleaded fuels generally cheaper than leaded? Can you even buy leaded cars anymore? Or is this diesel or some crazy US form of petrol that I haven't heard of?

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, you can't buy leaded gas anymore, and they don't make cars that use it either. I believe he's referring to the octane of the gas, typically 87 (regular), 89 (mid-grade) or 93 (premium) octane. Don't know why he's going for premium, though, since most cars are designed to work best with regular 87 octane gas, and you could damage your emissions system with too high an octane.

Is this different in countries other than the US?

B.J.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@PsyLiam: Actually "Vorsprung durch Technik", which is the Audi tagline. It means something like "Advantage through technology".
BMW uses the tagline "Freude am Fahren" which basically means "Joy of driving" or better (yet less exact) "Fun to drive".
I'll go with that... [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Volvo - I roll.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
No, you can't buy leaded gas anymore, and they don't make cars that use it either. I believe he's referring to the octane of the gas, typically 87 (regular), 89 (mid-grade) or 93 (premium) octane. Don't know why he's going for premium, though, since most cars are designed to work best with regular 87 octane gas, and you could damage your emissions system with too high an octane.

Depends on the car. The Lancer Evolution for example requires premium.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did say *most* cars, not all, are designed for regular. The owner's manual will tell you what it needs.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Is this different in countries other than the US?

Yes, in that there's just 4-star (leaded, quite hard to find nowadays), Diesel, and unleaded. A (very) few stations do a fancy ultra-wow unleaded, but no-one uses it. Well, possibly people who drive BMWs do, but I apparently don't have stinking rich friends who can afford top-drawer cars before they even have jobs.

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps