Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » How often do you update your Flare profile? (Page 11)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: How often do you update your Flare profile?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Kaydence"? I hope he/she/it doens't have siblings. They're probably named "Tamber" or "Pytch".
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She has a brother: Matt.

I should have mentioned that I also know Arleth... she's quite the rock expert. Hopefully she takes over the Music Committee from Andrea after this semester.

Okeima, Larissa, Anacita, Kaitlin, Breanne, Simeon, Janay, Niyoti, Brynn, Leayah, Micha, and Urasay are other names that I've run into.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those geology vixens sure are a handful.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha... Arleth listens to rock and underground bands.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim':
Those geology vixens sure are a handful.

Are they dumb as rocks? [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
I thought "Liam" meant "the trailing half of 'William'".

It's the Irish version of William. Or William is the English/French version of Liam. Dunno which came first.
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
I dispute the entire concept of "normal" names.

Stop it, or I will make scathing comments about your preference for obscure bands.

quote:
Originally posted by Vice-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
Shantae is a friend of mine... that girl though needs to develop a harder shell when it comes to constructive criticism. Oh and there's Sunshine... my god her life should be titled "Lesbos of Our Lives" with all the drama she has. Ah, and the tale of the two Rocio... one bisexual who can't decide what she wants and the other straight on lesbian with a possible drinking problem. Doanh Doanh, AKA Delphine, is my cute Vietnamise French girl... too bad the business program at school keeps her busy lately.

Are you sure you're not pitching some sort of people-trying-too-hard replacement for the OC?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just don't see the point in getting all worked up about something that doesn't even affect you.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe "Wilhelm" (German) came first. The French version is "Guillaume". And I know "Liam" is Irish; I was just taking a shot at its actual origin.

Simon: Of course you would reject normal names. Your middle name is "Wales". (The horrible secret exposed!)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
!

No, but seriously. People need to lighten up.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*stares*

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

I've gone through Myspace profile and found more interesting names...
Jazmyn, Kandyce, Shanta Loise, Cyanide, KaMeRoN.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

I'm guessing the capitalization on that last one is more a result of the person's own idiocy than their parents' lunacy.

And I sure hope the penultimate one isn't real.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I can see how the parents wanted to be creative with Jasmine, Candice, and Cameron... but I don't get why a parent would want to name their child Cyanide.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

An interesting article in Slate today about the potential socioeconomic effects of names: A Roshanda by Any Other Name: How do babies with super-black names fare?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A woman at my work (former employee) used to brag that she was going to call her baby (her third by 22) "money", because that's what it meant to her: another 3 grand at tax time.

Some people should not breed.
(yeah, yeah, someone will say I'm one of those people: fuck you in advance [Wink] ).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps