Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Love that new car smell. (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Love that new car smell.
tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got an older kenwood, and recently purchased the ipod adapter for it. The stereo can act at a head unit to a CD autochanger, and the adaptor makes the stereo think the ipod is a 100 odd disk autochanger. this means the ipod can go in the glove box out of site, and you can control all the features of the ipod on the stereo, and see the tracks names etc. I belive several uther manufactures do a simular thing.

Do you have family size hatch backs in the US? like the Ford Mondeo
, or new focus
Personaly I'm looking at a jag X-type at the moment, although with the weakness in the dollar at the moment, might not be in your price range

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Mark has been watching a bit too much Wayne's World.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Office Space, presumably while saying out loud on a regular basis "Man, I'm so glad I work in a shop that sells car stereos, and not in an office!"

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does everyone here seem to be amazingly rich, anyway?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, sweety.... I'm the furthest thing FROM rich. I just have a fucked up sense of responsibility... so car audio comes first [Wink]

At least it used to... since I've been sick, I haven't bought a thing. Wow... that was like a year ago... crazy.

So I live vicariously through everyone else for now [Smile]

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

tricky
Member # 1402

Something to listen to as you wait for the AA or AAA by the sde of the road

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Far from rich. Yes I traded in my old car, for an expensive better car and increased my monthly payments by $51. I wouldn't really be worried about getting a new deck if the factory one played MP3's and XM. Sure there are cheaper ones, but there's not a lot of places for my car to improve so I'm focusing on this.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a change of mind. Instead of a simple CD/MP3 player I'm going with a Kenwood DDX-7017 double-DIN DVD player. I can get it new and at cost saving me nearly $500. Although during normal city driving I wouldn't try watching a DVD, during long freeway trips it would be a little more useful.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus, I mean, dolphins...
Hobbes
Member # 138

Exactly, right?

Unfortunately when Japanese cars come to America they lack the double-DIN setups which are usually DVD/GPS screens. Instead they equip the American versions with just a standard CD player.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well at least they have the decency to put in a standard DIN setup instead of some weird-ass aesthetic thing (I'm looking at you, GM).

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, honey.

Hobbes.

PLEASE, I pray, PLEASE tell me that you're not going to let Best Buy install that piece.

Please.

Good choice on equipment though.

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm, hang on a minute! Am I the only one who has a problem with this? I mean, I realise that roads in the US are long and straight and boring, but are you genuinely proposing to watch fucking TV while you DRIVE?!

--------------------

tricky
Member # 1402

Reasons not to enter the US, number 74: Hobbies watches DVD's whilst driving, uses Force to navigate.
Lee, do you think we are safe enough with just the Atlantic between him and us? I suggest the US and Canadian flarerites hide behind the Rockies..

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Especially given Hobbes = most recent holder of Flare Nasty Car Crashee, and LOA (who's encouraging him to get this absurd device) used to post, on a regular basis, something along the lines of "I just had another car accident, and my stereo got stolen, but I believe in God, so, yay!"

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps