Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I just ordred a Nintendo 64 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I just ordred a Nintendo 64
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the 1990s.

I'm not much of a gamer, and currently have no gaming system. Mostly just haven't ever had the time, and I know if I got one, I'd spend rediculous amounts of time playing it. But recently, I got a hankering for some good ole action adventure stuff.

So today, I purchased a Nintendo 64 on Amazon for $30 through one of their resellers.

I'll definitely be getting Super Mario 64, and probably Episode 1 Podracer. Any other suggestions for some good N64 games? I mostly want stuff that I can play for a half an hour or so, then shut off, not things like Zelda that will have me wrapped up for hours trying to solve a puzzle.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SUPERMAN 64 = ***** / *****
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GoldenEye baaaaaby!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You CAN NOT have a Nintendo 64 without Zelda. Can't be done.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if it can't be done... hmmm... maybe I'll have to go and get it. They made "Link to the Past" and "Orcina of Time" for the 64 right?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LttP was SNES. Ocarina and Majora's Mask were N64.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GoldenEye is meh... TWINE is much better. Also, MarioKart.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Topher you smoke seriously good shit to believe that to be true.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it weren't for the AI Bots or the Sky Rail level in multiplayer, there would be no reason at all to play TWINE.

Definitely Goldeneye, and you should get Zelda. Other great games include San Francisco Rush 1/2/3, Blast Corps, Pilotwings, Mario Kart, Super Mario 64, Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squadron, Rainbow Six. Don't know if you can just play half an hour, though--some games are addictive.

--------------------
Meh

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a 64 just for Ocarina of Time, and considered it a sound investment. Well, especially since I didn't actually buy it myself. Anyway, it's still plugged into the TV, though I haven't touched it in years. I'm stuck on a Rogue Squadron mission and haven't had the heart to go back. (I only have three games for the system.)

Honestly though, if you're looking for games designed to take up just small bits of time here and there, that you can pick up easily and put down easily, you'd probably be better off with some flavor of Gameboy or a PSP.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recommend Perfect Dark, but only if your 64 comes with an expansion pack. Also, and this may seem wierd, but Harvest Moon 64 is probably the most addictive 64 game out there. I played it 14 hours straight and made my Nintendo overheat. Also I recommend Super Smash Bros. but only if you have some extra controllers and friends. San Fransisco Rush 2049 is a good one too.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, for both GoldenEye and TWINE I only ever played the multiplayer bit with my friends, and I liked TWINE better.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

The system I bought only comes with one controller and no expansion pack, but I can buy extras of both.

Another question: Is the N64 controller as crappy as I've heard? It looks hard to use. Is there another generic controller I can buy that will work with it?

Currently on my definite list: Super Mario 64, Mario Cart, and Shadows of the Empire. That should be enough to make my wife mad.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never had any problems with the N64 controller it's actually quite comfortable. most games use the analog stick so you need to hold it from the middle and right prong thingies. All the other generic controllers look pretty much the same but are a whole lot more crappy.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Hmmm... well, we'll soon see. I just ordered Super Mario 64 from another reseller at Amazon. You want some funny reading? Pick any reseller there with a bunch of lifetime ratings and and go look for some of the 1 and 2 star replies. There are some stupid pissed off people that shop on Amazon. My favorite was where the buyer blamed the seller because the movie was too short and gave him a 1 out of 5 for it. At least Amazon gives the sellers the opportunity to respond to bad remarks.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps