Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I just ordred a Nintendo 64 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I just ordred a Nintendo 64
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, probably [Smile] . I never really liked the Nintendo 64 system, and the few games I did play on it were not impressive or all that fun.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... Maybe I should've gotten the Super Nintendo. That way I could've played all the classic Super Mario Games...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh N64 itself is fine. Just strategy games like Starcraft don't adapt well to consoles. IMO.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atari 100 time! Woohoo....where's my Pong

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an XBox (no, not a 360, just the old kind), and the controller is about the most comfortable type I've ever used since the Atari 2600 joysticks. But the type of games I usually play on it are of the caliber of Leisure Suit Larry and "The Guy Game," which is basically a game version of Girls Gone Wild.

Other than that, though, I mostly use the XBox as a DVD player.

I also have tons of those "plug-and-play" joystick games you can get at Target for 20 bucks each. I tend to play them for about a week or two, then throw them into a cardboard box. My newest acquisition is the new Atari Flashback 2, which is a miniaturized Atari 2600 deck with regular 2600 joysticks. 40 games are built in.

Intruder1701
Member # 880

- posted      Profile for Intruder1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leisure Suit Larry is a great game, I wont tell you how it ends

--------------------
"Who cares if we bomb a few hospitals, it just means we got them a second time" Warrant Officer Robert Clift, CVN-71 OEF

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing he gets laid, from the pictures I remember seeing in the brochures that came with the King's Quest games.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
I have an XBox (no, not a 360, just the old kind), and the controller is about the most comfortable type I've ever used

Super-wrong comment no 1.

quote:
Originally posted by deadcujo:
Yeah, probably [Smile] . I never really liked the Nintendo 64 system, and the few games I did play on it were not impressive or all that fun.

Super-wrong comment no 2.

quote:
Originally posted by Intruder1701:
Leisure Suit Larry is a great game

Super-wrong comment no 3.

I would ignore pretty much every comment on this page, unless this is the official reverse-language page of Flare. But it's not, it's the "people talk utter bollocks" page. Apart from me.

Paper Mario is great, but it's an RPG. Since you've never really played computer games you won't have experience with it. However, through reading small 30 word messages by you I feel I know you like a brother, and I would guess that you'll probably like it.

If you want to play the SNES Mario's, you could always pick up a GBA. They're all on that.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

What is this GBA of which you speak? Some kind of tele-visual device, I'd imagine...

*runs to check Amazon*
Ahhhh...

Ok... what the heck?
The Bible Game??
The Barbie Superpack
Should I be scared?

I can get a new one at Best Buy for about $80 it looks like... Hmmm... thoughts a brewin'...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Trimm
Member # 865

- posted      Profile for Trimm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You REALLY want to get Super Smash Bros. and Super Mario All Stars
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All Stars is SNES, is it not?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Super Mario Bros. All Stars (which is 1, 2, 3 and Lost Levels) and Super Mario World are defintely games I would like to be able to waste hours playing. And yes, they're all SNES.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Game Boy Advance is essentially a small SNES. Game developers have lept on this by releasing 5 billion SNES ports for it. So Super Mario Advance is actually Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Advance 2 is actually Super Mario World, Super Mario Advance 3 is actually Yoshi's Island, and Super Mario Advance 4 is actually Super Mario Bros 3.

(They're all the SNES/All-stars versions, actually. In fact, they're even better, because they're like totally in widescreen of yeah amazing).

You can get an attachment for the Gamecube that lets you play GBA games on the TV. And one for the N64 which lets you play ye-old Game Boy games, which is less useful.

Don't let the nostalgic 2D goodness distract you from the glory of Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time, two of the greatest games ever and 2 of only 5 games to ever get 10 out of 10 in uber wanky twat game magazine Edge. (The others, for those curious, are Grand Turismo, Halo, and Half-Life 2.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Well, Super Mario 64 just arrived yesterday. I got the system hooked up and tested it... everything seems to work ok. Tonight I will lose my N64 virginity.

I found out yesterday that someone is apparently interested in hiring me to do a wedding invitation like the one I did for my wedding (IT WUZ A MOVIE P0sTER BABBY!!). Be that the case, I think I shall be using a portion of the unexpected fundage to purchase a Game Cube and a few games. Game Cube's Mario Kart rocked my world. There's plenty of time to enjoy the N64 until then, though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Super Mario Advance is actually Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Advance 2 is actually Super Mario World, Super Mario Advance 3 is actually Yoshi's Island, and Super Mario Advance 4 is actually Super Mario Bros 3."

Thank you. Between Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins, Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 64 DS, Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Paint, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Mario Golf: Advance Tour, Mario Pinball, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land, Wario Land 2 t/m 4, Wario World, WarioWare Inc.: Mega MicroGame$, WarioWare Inc.: Mega PartyGames. WarioWare: Touched, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario World 2, Yoshi's Story, Yoshi Touch & Go, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Mario & Luigi: SuperStar Saga, Paper Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Super Smash Bros, Super Smash Bros: Melee, Luigi's Mansion, Mario is Missing, Mario's Time Machine, Mario Picross, Dr. Mario, Mario Party 1-6, Mario Party Advance, Mario Kart DS, Mario & Luigi 2, Mario Baseball, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Tennis Advance, DDR: Mario Mix, Mario Party 7, Super Princess Peach, Yoshi Topsy-Turvy, WarioWare: Twisted, Super Smash Bros: Revolution, Super Mario 128, Super Mario Revolution, and Yoshi's Universal Gravitation, I almost thought Nintendo had ever so slightly run dry of inspiration, but you have just shattered that clearly very wrong impression. Well done.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps