Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I just ordred a Nintendo 64 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I just ordred a Nintendo 64
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(I should really play LttP, one of these days.)
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heart that this thread comes fast on the heels of the Xbox 360 release. (Still waiting to see on that one...)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No matter how great video games become, they'll never compare with the thrill of actually driving insanely and shooting strangers.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The N64 just got here. I'm waiting on my first game, Super Mario 64, to arrive so I can test this bad boy.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*runs into the room at lightning speed*

Stop calling it Mario Cart or I will thump you.

*runs out*

*runs back in*

If you want a girl to play computer games, then Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing and The Sims are total winners. Honestly, they're like shopping but...more. Or something.

Mario Kart, while excellent, is really a multiplayer game. I will also court controversy by declaring Double Dash to be better than the N64 version.

Ocarina of Time is the greatest game in the universe. You know how you get stuck on puzzles in other games, eventually figure them out/cheat and think "how was I suppossed to know that?" Never happens. All the puzzles in Zelda are extremely obvious. You just don't know what the answer is yet.

Once you've done all them, pick up a Gamecube. They're really cheap now and you will not only be able to play Ocarina again (if you are crazy), but also Wind Waker and Moonlight Princess. Then you can go on message boards and argue about how cel-shading is the most awesome thing ever, with only Moonlight Princess' visuals being better than it.

Oh, Paper Mario is also great.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah... but I just want to smash turtles and flatten mushrooms and crap.

If my darling bride gets hooked on the gaming, I might invest in another controller and Mario Kart. Though, the first thing she said after I opened the box was, "It only comes with 1 [controller]?" This makes me wonder if there will be many a day I come home from work to find my yet unshowered wife laying on the floor with a crazed look in her eye as she tries to figure out a Mario-related puzzle.

Screw it, I'll wait until I get paid for my current freelance gig and go on a N64 spending spree. Expander pack, second controller, few more games... yah...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zelda OoT is awesome. I love that game. I wish I had it on my computer.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I'm gonna borrow a game from one of my friends just to get the thing hooked up and make sure it works. One of the down sides here is that there are no instructions with it. I know I need to plug the audio and video cables into the ports on either my tv or vcr, but is there anything else I need to do to the tv or vcr to get it to the right channel? Is there one channel it always has to be on or something?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your TV/VCR has a Video or Line In channel, than that's what you need to set it to.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Zelda OoT is awesome. I love that game. I wish I had it on my computer.
You can...
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah... I tried once, didn't work.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
I'm gonna borrow a game from one of my friends just to get the thing hooked up and make sure it works. One of the down sides here is that there are no instructions with it. I know I need to plug the audio and video cables into the ports on either my tv or vcr, but is there anything else I need to do to the tv or vcr to get it to the right channel? Is there one channel it always has to be on or something?

It's also sometimes called EXT1, or AV1, or something like that. Look for a button on your remote that has a square with a small arror on one side of it.

You really should have SCART, especially for Paper Mario and Ocarina. But you silly Yanks don't have that. If you could get a S-Video or Composite lead though, it would make me warm.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I've got a button on my TV remote called "VIDEO". It's the one I press to access my DVD player. It defaults to Channel 3 which picks up my VCR. Pressing the button 3 times will cycle through "VIDEO 1", "VIDEO 2", and "VIDEO 3". Then there are two other settings before I back to Channel 3. I'm guessing one of these will pick up the N64.

I was out to lunch today and popped into this video game store by the mall. They had a bin full of used N64 games ranging between $3 and $20. So I grabbed F-Zero X and Star Wars Episode 1 Racer. I was also looking at Paper Mario which looked decent.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starcraft and Command & Conquer, I guess.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starcraft on N64 is crap. Never tried Command & Conquer on it, though. Probably also crap.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps