Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I just ordred a Nintendo 64 (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I just ordred a Nintendo 64
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Mario 3 one is kind of cool though, because you can get new levels and stuff.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your gonna get a GC (gamecube) I reccommend Soul Calibre 2 great game and Link kicks the ass. I also recommend Wind Waker, it's pretty good too.

Star Fox adventures isn't bad if your into furry breasts. and scantily clad blue fox ladies. And an annoying little dinosaur you can play fetch with.

But if you get an expansion pack for your new 64 I definately still recommend Perfect Dark, especially if you get an extra controller and a friend. The sound is great, the music fits the game perfectly, Joanna gets called a bitch, there's an alien named Elvis. The multiplayer is where the game really shines tho, It has more game modes and options than most PC games, Plus bot support so you can play solo, but it really needs the expansion pack. The weapons are cool too, the mines stick to ppl so you can send 1 of ur friend on a suicide mission with the remote mine or 4 on thier back. They have several Goldeneye levels such as the factory and the bunker that you can unlock. Dammit, i wish i still had my 64 now.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where would I find a friend?

Anyway, I played Mario 64 last night. Not bad. The game control is taking a little effort to get used to, but I like it. It took me forever to get started because I didn't realize that one of the doors in the castle didn't require any starts to open... doy. Then I spent the next two hours getting 5 out of six stars in the first level. I dig those canons, baby.

If I get a GC, it won't be until next year. The Mario Kart game for the GC will definitely be on my must have list.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give M64 time to grow on you. Let it seap into your pours. Learn to appreciate it's buty.

The control system does take some getting used to, true, especially if you've only ever played 2d games. But even today it stands out as one of the best fusions of control and camera devised for a 3d game.

I'm still waiting for Mario Olympic Curling, myself...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not just have a Mario game where you can participate in the olympic games? A Super Mari-Olympics if you will.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A.) Is there really a Yoshi's Universal Gravitation? There is! What the? I eagerly await Wario's Undecidable Propositions of Formal Mathematical Systems.

B.) The best Mario game is Super Mario 3.

C.) The very best Mario Kart player I have ever seen is a woman. Like, you can skid just right and get speed boosts? I never won ever. Though she also wrongly preferred Perfect Dark to Goldeneye; proof I suppose that all genius comes with its attendant flaw.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

I prefer Perfect Dark to goldeneye. Who is this woman? I would very much like to meet her and play a round of Capture the Briefcase.

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, yeah...
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bowng chicky BOWNG bowwwng....

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Da_bang80
Member # 528

Oh ya man! we'd do it doggie style while playing King of the Hill! Then Switch it up for a little "Co-operative" [Wink]

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

OK, that was too much.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps