Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Wonders of Modern Medicine (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Wonders of Modern Medicine
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to live at least long enough to see grey hair. unfortunately, most men in my family start going grey in their late 20's so I'm screwed.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you about dying when I die, but the point I like to bring up is *how* precisely I'm going to die...in humiliating agony like my aunt who died of lung cancer, or peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather?

Course, I should talk...I've smoked since I was 16. Never managed to quit for more than 3 months straight.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mother probably had cancer, but died quickly in an auto accident. Long ago.

There are so many ways to day these days that the expected life expectancy is just a number.

My new line of work gives me ample opportunities to piss of drug dealers, which they don't seem to calculate when giving out those numbers.

Even as a smoker, according to an article in the paper today, I still have a whopping 25% chance to reach 100. Based on not pissing off too many drug dealers, and, based on the current rate of pissing I will deduct 20%.....

Hair, I remember having that stuff on my head.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, well, I have asthma, and think alcohol tastes like sugarless cough syrup, so i'm covered there.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Yeah, well, I ... think alcohol tastes like sugarless cough syrup, so i'm covered there.

Wow, I'm not the only one?

Marry me. We can have ten or twelve little nonalcoholic kids together.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With ten or tweleve kids you wouldn't have time to drink anyway. Or eat, or bath (yourselves), or much of anything else either.

The sad thing is that I lurked here for a couple of years, then had to be sober for a year before I joined. If people thought I was terrible and sick while sober....

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much of alcohol is a rather acquired taste...I thought beer tasted like shit for a lot of years, too, and now I quite like it. Most of the hard stuff I don't like, unless it's mixed with coke or something...
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

You just like the little umbrellas that come with your drinks..... [Wink]

If you drink the stuff you do not like quickly enough your tongue will go numb and you will not taste the rest. Then you need to drink enough so when you get sick you don't taste that either.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

"Wow, I'm not the only one?

Marry me. We can have ten or twelve little nonalcoholic kids together."

It's a date. I need something to shake life up a bit. Tonight is the town Fiddle Fest. Which means that i get to tune up the violins of about 100 snot-nosed fourth and fifth graders while fending off accusations that I am a flaming homosexual, and trying to remember why I decided to become a musician in the first place. Yay me.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

So, not a flaming one anyway.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Strangely enough, that's what my friend said before she nailed me in the bullocks with stiletto heels. I actually dont know why people say im gay. May be the fact that i am afraid of almost every woman I meet.....,or that i have like a dozen phobias, or that I play the violin and speak french (not at the same time). Could be any of the above.

--------------------

-George Carlin

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you're really "Larry the Cable Guy: the Musical Version". Only you speak French rather than Amaircun.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

And i have more than one shirt, and dont have a corny southern accent ( he actually does not have an accent in real life. And his name is dan whitney.)et oui, je parle francais et aussi englais tres bon, je pense. [Big Grin]

--------------------

-George Carlin

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tres bien! Merde. Les jeunes aujourd'hui...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sprechens Zie Irish?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps