Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Wonders of Modern Medicine (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Wonders of Modern Medicine
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fabrux: "Where is a men's room?" (although it's actually "Wo ist eine Herrentoilette?" - men's room is a feminine noun, btw, I dunno why that's amusing to me); "Don't shoot, don't shoot!"; and "Ticket, sir." (However, the word's just Ticket, not Ticketen...is it from something, a show or something?)
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I mean the "faux German" crap.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched Au Revoir Les Enfants in French class the past week. Even though there were subtitles, I dont think I looked at them at all. I even understood the dirty jokes, and my my, those 10 and 12 year old french boys have dirty minds. It takes place in WWII France, but surprisingly, all the germans spoke franch to. Oh well, still a good movie.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
No, I mean the "faux German" crap.

You're kidding, right? It's not supposed to be translated, just read it out loud, you'll get it.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hogan's Heroes?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
(However, the word's just Ticket, not Ticketen...is it from something, a show or something?)

NO TICKET!

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"No ticket!", what a great scene.

It's a shame the final edit of "The Last Crusade" didn't include Indy's fight with the very large gentleman shown accompanying the German officer onto the zeppelin. The man was played by the same actor who played the German chopped up by the flying wing's propeller in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and the thug crushed to death in "The Temple of Doom".

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "Don't Shoot! Don't Shoot!" is from Die Hard 3 which was of course promptly followed by McClane putting three rounds into the guy.

the "Ticket, sir" I believe is from the 1963 movie "The Great Escape" where Allied POWs attempt to escape a German camp....some of whom go by train.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zef got it, Wiz.

Ahh, Pat Roach. Such a shame he's not in the new one.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that propeller-chopping scene at some theme-park stage show...sans the chopping cuz it was kid-friendly...it escapes my mind exactly where.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Universal? I vaguely remember seeing that when I was there a while back...

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Yeah, that was it! It's kinda vague for me too, I don't remember much.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I seem to remember the actor playing Indy wasn't easy to see. Probably for being ashamed at not being Harrison Ford.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I never really liked Indiana Jones. They were great movies, sure, and I think WWII and sci-fi are great things....just not when mixed. One of the worst examples of this was Ent Stormfront pts 1&2.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Shik
Member # 343

Blasphemer.

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps